Favorite Oil

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My boys are allegric to peanuts...but peanut oil is ok...as long as its not the gourmet cold pressed kind....the process for making peanut oil...destroys the enzyme that cause the allergic reaction

Actually Ray Crock will tell you the very best oil to fry tates is beef tallow. Make a person chunk rocks at lard. I used to favor corn oil for most purposes but I am now strictly a peanut person for frying. XXX Virgin cold pressed greek olive oyl for salads and such thangs. The only olives the Eyetalians get is the ones the Greeks wont eat.

bigwheel

Bryan S said:
Maverick said:
We love peanut oil, it has become our preferred choice of oil. Nothing like home made fries in peanut oil, just tried sweet potato fries and sweet potato chips, Mmmm!!! Mmmm!!! Good!!!

OK Bud, Peanut oil is great but for the absolute best Damn fries, it's Lard. You find a good pork lard and them fries will not your socks off. I have a small 3 quart Lodge cast iron pot with a wire basket and lard in the fridge just for home made fries. There is nothing better than a french fry fried in lard or a potato chip for that matter. Well maybe there is, never tried to fry them up in bacon grease yet. That would have to be the ultimate. Just put that on the to do list, start saving bacon grease. :roll: Won't take too long since it's Washington Borro Tomato season. BLT's Gaylore here in Central PA. [smilie=a_bravo.gif]

My favorite food oil is Olive oil... Food with this oil is very great and very testy with the great smell. Olive oil is also very nutritious.....
It will also help to improve your health...!

bellabrownn said:
My favorite food oil is Olive oil... Food with this oil is very great and very testy with the great smell. Olive oil is also very nutritious.....

I am a big fan of Olive Oil, I am just really put off the idea of deep frying with it. I mean, the good food stuff: fries, wings, twinkies, lol. Do you really deep fry stuff like that in olive oil? any good? :?:

robgilbert said:
bellabrownn said:

I am a big fan of Olive Oil, I am just really put off the idea of deep frying with it. I mean, the good food stuff: fries, wings, twinkies, lol. Do you really deep fry stuff like that in olive oil? any good? :?:

I don't use olive oil for frying "hot", it has a lower smoke point than I want to fry with. For my fried chicken and fried turkeys I use only 100% peanut oil; high smoke point, the higher you cook at the less saturation of oil in the food, IMO. I've tried lots of different oils and oil combo's, and I have finally decided peanut oil worked best. It's also very expensive, but since I don't deep fry very often, it's worth the $$$ for the final product !

Great points and good advice Bella. Now the Warden makes the best fried chicken, chicken fried steak, fried tates and okry available on the planet. Just nearly as good as my Mama used to make it:) She claims to use a mix of roughly 75% Peanut Oil to 25% light flavored olive oyl. I had to drag the proportions out of her as wimmen aint usually very good with measurements etc. Now fried turkeys is a hoss of a different color. It was a krewlish trick invented by some drunk coonasses meant to be be played on dumbasses. The Sabine River is whut divides them two groups ya know? It goes against all the laws of physics and is a good way to burn your house down like I nearly done a few years back. Best strategy on turkeys is to buy the cheapest stuff you can find..which if you can borrow somebodies Sams card buy yourself some 40 lb plastic jugs of Heavy Duty Frying Shortening. Works just fine for the task as hand. Do not get tricked into Cottonseed Oil it is also highly pizzen to humans. Gets me vapor locked big time..which is a good sign it aint edible. Fry up all them filthy barnyard avians you want then dig a hole in the yard and bury the grease in there. Or you could dump it in your diesel Mercedes maybe. Not total sure how that works. I would check with a mechanic first. Hope this helps.

Back
Top Bottom