Wireless Thermoprobes...part X

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BeeRich

Sous Chef
Hi folks.

Well, I've pretty much had it with wireless thermometers. I've been through replacements upon replacements, and models on sale. Not a single one has worked. I've been through about 7 or 8 of them total, and I simply cannot get them to work.

Right now I have a Nameless (on the remote) model #13900Rx, and yet another Redi Chek Remote. This last Redi Chek was the one they sent to me from the factory, as I have replaced not just a full unit twice, but a thermoprobe as well.

Anyway, I'm giving up on these things. They are a complete waste of time and money. I thought I would vent, and bring some light to the issue in here. Otherwise my meat is fantastic LOL.

Cheers

I've had 3 Mavericks...all junk now. My trusty Redi Check has been through thick and thin and still workin'.

Oops, I spoke too quickly. Seems working batteries might help on the transmitters and receivers. Both were just barely functioning, so signal and all that was horrible.

I'm back on track. Crisis averted.

BTW doing the following smoke:

- 6 skinless chicken breasts, turned out just fine
- eye of round covered in Zatarains
- large peameal bacon
- brisket covered in Zatarains, cut in half

Ya a big smoke, but well worth it. I've been in Europe for 3 weeks eating dry sandwiches, so I'll be needing some of this.

Heh. Either I have cheap ass batteries, or I have to recharge the good ones more often.

Man today was fun. Pics to follow tomorrow when I slice these babies up.

OK NOW it's official. The Redi Check is registering just under 400'F in a smoker that's registering 225'F.

No I'm not chasing this thing up again. This thermoprobe is a replacement for the probe that came with the replacement unit. I've lost count. This is plain silly.

Maverick, make something that works for a change. Stop marketing garbage.

I like my Maverick, never had any problems with it. I have had to replace one of my probes.

BeeRich said:
Well, I've pretty much had it with wireless thermometers.

Have you used it on a grill or just a smoker? I ask because I have read that probe wires become damaged when exposed to the high temperature on a grill.

George

Back
Top Bottom