What type of packaging do you prefer?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What type of rub packaging do you prefer?

• 8oz Shaker Bottles

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1lb Shaker Bottles

• 1lb Plastic Bags

• 1lb "Deli Style" Containers

• 2lb Plastic Bags

• 2lb "Deli Style" Containers

• 2lb Shaker Bottles

• Total voters

LarryWolfe

Chef Extraordinaire
I'm working with my co-packer and he's giving me different ideas and pricing. I wanna see what "You" the consumer prefers.

I voted for the 1lb shaker. I only cook one or two butts at a time, CWC has the right idea for what he does.

Wolfe rub requires "A whole lot a shakin goin on". The holes are a little bit larger in the lb shaker and that would be good for me.

Cliff H. said:
I voted for the 1lb shaker. I only cook one or two butts at a time, CWC has the right idea for what he does.

Wolfe rub requires "A whole lot a shakin goin on". The holes are a little bit larger in the lb shaker and that would be good for me.
Ditto and ditto.

--John 8)

Great input guys, this is what I need! I want to make the general public happy with the convenience as well as the rub. The co-packer is really pressing these Deli Style containers on me and it kinda makes sense. He's a professional chef and is giving me his personal input as well as input from his peers about the convenience of both using and storing the Deli Style containers. Them and the bags are much cheaper for me to have packaged vs. shaker bottles, so I'm keeping that in mind as well with my decision. Cheaper cost to me, equals cheaper costs to the consumer, another plus!

Please keep the input coming, I really appreciate it!

Finney said:
I voted for the 1 lb deli container. You have to stay price competitive. You might also want to offer bags.

The bags are by far the cheapest way to go, but......... I'm worried people will shy away because they gotta find something to put it in. The CP said the same thing. But I look at the success of other Rub Co's that only sell it by the bag, and realize if people like the product they don't care what it comes in.

I voted for the 1 lb. plastic bag. I end up storing my rubs in food saver containers.

Larry Wolfe said:
Finney said:
I voted for the 1 lb deli container. You have to stay price competitive. You might also want to offer bags.

The bags are by far the cheapest way to go, but......... I'm worried people will shy away because they gotta find something to put it in. The CP said the same thing. But I look at the success of other Rub Co's that only sell it by the bag, and realize if people like the product they don't care what it comes in.

Look at the TXBBQ rub people. their stuff is in bags and I don't think people shy away from that, besides, I put their stuff in mason jars and that works for me. Honestly though, your stuff is better so it deserves a better packaging....btw, someone clue me in on a 'deli container'

Man's Best Friend BBQ said:
[quote="Larry Wolfe":1anqq0cv]
Finney said:

Look at the TXBBQ rub people. their stuff is in bags and I don't think people shy away from that, besides, I put their stuff in mason jars and that works for me. Honestly though, your stuff is better so it deserves a better packaging....btw, someone clue me in on a 'deli container'[/quote:1anqq0cv]

The Deli Style Containers are the ones like you buy the pre packaged lunch meat in. I was skeptical when the co-packer told me this, because I was worried about freshness and an air tight seal. He assured me this is the way to go and that it is as air tight or better than bottles. Says they're great for storing purposes cause you can stack them neatly, then when you need some pop it open and spoon out what you need then close it back. Makes sense to me...........I think! LOL

Thanks for the great compliment MFB!

Man's Best Friend BBQ said:
someone clue me in on a 'deli container'
delicont02.jpg

--John 8)
(Same size lid fits all.)

Larry Wolfe said:
[quote="Man's Best Friend BBQ":3uujcfqg][quote="Larry Wolfe":3uujcfqg]
Finney said:

Look at the TXBBQ rub people. their stuff is in bags and I don't think people shy away from that, besides, I put their stuff in mason jars and that works for me. Honestly though, your stuff is better so it deserves a better packaging....btw, someone clue me in on a 'deli container'[/quote:3uujcfqg]

The Deli Style Containers are the ones like you buy the pre packaged lunch meat in. I was skeptical when the co-packer told me this, because I was worried about freshness and an air tight seal. He assured me this is the way to go and that it is as air tight or better than bottles. Says they're great for storing purposes cause you can stack them neatly, then when you need some pop it open and spoon out what you need then close it back. Makes sense to me...........I think! LOL

Thanks for the great compliment MFB![/quote:3uujcfqg]

Got it,
I vote for the deli style container even though I voted for the 1lb shaker before. The only difference between that and the bag is that you do not have to bother transfering the bag to another container. The deli container is already packaged and ready to go. Regarding freshness, couldn't the product be stored in the fridge or freezer to keep it fresh?? I vote deli container

Finney said:
Not that it matters in the context of this topic... But I store my rub in Chinese soup containers. It does make storage easy (stacking). Same would go with the deli containers (I guess that tied it into the topic).
Styrofoam?(I think I spelled it right)
Does that keep the moisture out?

Puff said:
Finney said:
Not that it matters in the context of this topic... But I store my rub in Chinese soup containers. It does make storage easy (stacking). Same would go with the deli containers (I guess that tied it into the topic).
Styrofoam?(I think I spelled it right)
Does that keep the moisture out?

Puffy, Finney is referring to the rigid plastic soup containers, not styrofoam. He's right, those containers are great for storing things in!

As a producer I would think that the deli style container is probably the most expensive container...at least it would seem so.

As a consumer, even though I voted for the 1lb shaker, I really wouldn't care what it was in, bearing in mind that the cost of the container is passed on to the consumer......correct?

Bruce B said:
As a producer I would think that the deli style container is probably the most expensive container...at least it would seem so.

As a consumer, even though I voted for the 1lb shaker, I really wouldn't care what it was in, bearing in mind that the cost of the container is passed on to the consumer......correct?

Yes sir.......

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom