Weber Performer/One Touch Gold - my 2 cents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pigs On The Wing BBQ

Master Chef
This one was born 1979. Would not trade it for the world. The wife snagged it for 25 bucks at a garage sale a number of years back.
img_203640_0_d4edd3973a2c5206bd2f45af0f3f1642.jpg

Pigs

Fryar Tuck said:
2) Don't like the "gold" feature -- the handy little ash bucket underneath the kettle. This is funny because every time I have to empty the tray in my "silver" I think about how cool this must be. Unfortunately, it makes looking through your vents (from above) like looking into a cave, especially at night. I can't see how much they are open/closed. And you can't simply bend down to see them because this bucket is in the way. I took it off, but because the frame was still in the way I had to get on my knees with a flashlight and stick my head virtually underneath the grill to see the vents.
There is a dutch site, with an Enlish-section, who tackled (one of) your problem(s).
DSC00817bsr3-453x272.JPG

Here is the link

Frankvw said:
Fryar Tuck said:
2) Don't like the "gold" feature -- the handy little ash bucket underneath the kettle. This is funny because every time I have to empty the tray in my "silver" I think about how cool this must be. Unfortunately, it makes looking through your vents (from above) like looking into a cave, especially at night. I can't see how much they are open/closed. And you can't simply bend down to see them because this bucket is in the way. I took it off, but because the frame was still in the way I had to get on my knees with a flashlight and stick my head virtually underneath the grill to see the vents.
There is a dutch site, with an Enlish-section, who tackled (one of) your problem(s).
DSC00817bsr3-453x272.JPG

Here is the link

That's what I did to mine, not rocket science! Also, if you don't like the lid holder on the side ...... are you ready for this ...... DON"T USE IT!!!!! Put the "Fing" lid on the deck like you do with your other grill! Sound more to me like you should just let your wife do the grilling! :twisted:

bbquzz said:
Pigs that is one good lookin' Weber ... Did you referb it or was it that way?
It's the real deal. Not looking so good these days, as it get's used all the time, and left outdoors At a place where we cook. The wooden handle is groovy when you cant find gloves. It was fun when ever Ooompapy came to town, and it was out front of the house, He would bang the lid on the base, :LOL:

Pigs

Pigs, Frankvw has a good lookin' red OTG on his first post, but yours is 30 years old! Maybe you could take yours to Antiques Road Show when they come to NY, it may be worth millions. Keep that picture, it is good provenance :LOL:

I like the after market for the Weber Kettles. It's one of the reasons why I chose mine. It seems like anytime someone is making an aftermarket device, there is one made just for a Weber Kettle. Even some of the folks who sell custom products might have one already fitted for either the 22.5 or the 18.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom