The Original Charcoal Company

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
G

I've been using the stuff for about a week in many ways from smoking to grilling and I have to say I like it.

To start: It's clean and made of just Hardwood Charcoal. I was amazed all all the sulfer and lime and other stuff in Kingsford and other charcoals. yuck

Burn Time: I found no difference in the burn time or heat from these coals and any other ones.

Cost: The stuff is 1/2 the price of Kingsford coals. A 20lbs bag is $2.99 at my local Home Depot and Kingsford is about $6-7 for a 21lbs bag.

I'm going this morning to grab me another 100lbs for cooking today and next week.

They are doing well and my new friend Eric released this presss release yesterday. Congrats as it seems they grabbed 15% of the Chacoal sales already.

They are also the Official Charcoal Sponsor for Op. BBQ for Our Troops at Walter Reed. He will reimburse anyone their cost of his Charcoal used at Walter Reed or in preping for that day. All the teams will use about 360lbs of coals for that event.

July 27, 2008
Dear RANCHER charcoal supporters!

Thank you for the fantastic interest and support that you have all shown!
Tremendous Success at Home Depot !!!

Thanks to your support, The Original Charcoal Company's RANCHER charcoal took 15% of the competitor's sales! Further, approximately a 1/4 of a million units sold during the five day Memorial Day weekend! Truly phenominal results. Thank you.

All-natural RANCHER briquette is still available in pockets of the country. If you are out in your local Home Depot, please ask your store manager to locate available RANCHER briquette in the other HD stores, and have the manager ship it to your local store. I have made this request on other items, and am almost always satisfied. You will be helping out HD as well, as this will make room for them to put in another item in our spot. OUR SKU #:990-347.

INTERESTINGLY, despite this success, HD is hesitating to put the all-natural RANCHER in their regular line-up. Your continued support may get them off the fence. PLEASE send a note to HD through their website at www.homedepot.com. At the bottom of the Home pasge is "contacts". Tell them that you want this product. AND ask you friends to to the same.

-15% of competitor's sales
-250,000 units purchased in five days
-Talk to your store manager for product in other stores
- Write to HD and demand the RANCHER hardwood briquette
-Spread the word

We are thrilled at your great response, and that we can provide such a fantastic product to you. PLEASE HELP US TO CONTINUE TO DO SO. WRITE TO HOME DEPOT.
Thank you for your continued loyal and thoughtful support! We will keep you updated on YOUR success at Home Depot and elsewhere.
Enjoy the day,

Eric Krause

This product is great! I picked up 10 bags at the local Home Depot about 2 months ago and I've been using it on every cook ever since.
I feel it burns a little hotter than KF but alot less ash.
It makes me feel even better buying a product from a company that is doing this for our troops.

I picked up a couple of bags yesterday also. I work for the Blue Box so I felt awkward going into the Orange Box for some charcoal. BUT.... after reading all the hoopla, I had to grit my teeth and go get some. I may try it today.

If I like it. I will shoot an e-mail to HD's President I warn him of my interest in the charcoal and how I can get it turned on at Lowe's with one phone call. ( Yea Right ). :roll:

I was very skeptical at first because of the very low price for the initial sale. I picked up a couple of bags later and tried them. I became a convert! I bought 15 bags later. From what I understand, HD may not even carry the stuff next year in their regular seasonal line. I hope Lowes or Walmart will pick up this product because it is an excellent product even at a higher price range than what it's being sold in. It burns with about 50% less ash than Kingsford IMO and has a much cleaner smell when it burns. Nice product.

Well I went looking for it several days ago and my HD helper said they had some but it was all sold out.

bigwheel

Good point BFD. I "found" it by the entrance door......right next to the KingsFord no where near the BBQ supplies :shock:

We have it down here too . Thanks for telling us about it...The price is great!!!

Burnt Food Dude said:
Went to HD and couldn't find the stuff in the BBQ & Charcoal area. So I asked a "sales associate" and he said that they didn't have any and didn't know what I was talking about. He also said that it might be a regional sale.

Needless to say I was a little disappointed that I couldn't try the stuff. My wife went to look at some plants. Just inside the door going outside was a small pallet of Rancher Charcoal. I bought 4 bags.

Moral of the story is YOU have to look thru the store to find it. It may not be where it should be.

That sounds like a typical HD associate to me. :LOL: Glad you found it anyhow. ;)

Thanks Z. You are right about the non funny smell that you get with the Rancher compared to KF. I noticed that too. How was the leftover ash? Alot?Any chunks left? I did a rib cook today and had the vents on the WSM shut for about 4 hrs. Kept the dome temp at about 240ish the whole time. Granted it was a hot day and with the sun beating down that might have had something to do with it. Can you have your wife call mine and explain why I have 10 bags of Rancher in my garage? Please! ;)
Thanks for your indepth coverage ;)

We are 2 different people living the same life! :LOL:
I tried to explain that I need a bigger cooker to start doing comps with.....she still hasn't answered.......... :shock:
There's probably 100 "other" things I could do. But this one keeps me out of trouble 8)
Now how do I explain the BBQ book that came in the mail today? :shock:

I need to see if its back to 2.99 . I bought 10 bags when they did the markdown but its gone back to 4.99 now.

Eric Krause of The Original Charcoal Company said this morning he'd be joining this forum.

Right on.

I just used it for the first time last night to cook steaks. My initial thoughts are that it surely does not have the KF start up smell! It was very hot the whole cook...which wasn't long but I did keep going out to feel it from time to time and it was still going a long time afterwards.

I let it all burn out to go see the ash amount but I need to wait now as it is raining...But it did seem to make quite a bit more than regular lump...but I will check again when the rain stops! :D

But even so, at $2.99 a bag, I am a happy consumer! 8)

Back
Top Bottom