Tabasco's New Sweet & Spicy Sauce

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BigGQ

Sous Chef
I'm like Tabasco products just as much as any other monkey. As a matter of fact, the Tabasco Soy sauce is on eof my favorite all time sauces. Hard to find but very good to me. So when I saw the latest offering in the store the other day, I had to give it a try.

Corn syrup is the main ingredient, so it is thick. Pear concentrate is another main ingredient too, as well as garlic, onion and ginger.

I was disappointed. It is very different then the other products. More sweet then spicy. Leaned towards the Asian flavor of sweet and spicy. It would make a decent dipping sauce, if you want more sweet then heat.

Maybe I set myself up for disappointment by not having more of an open mind. But for me, I was not impressed and probably will not buy it again. Might even give it away.

Sorry, Tabasco! Have to do better then that stuff.

BigGQ said:
I'm like Tabasco products just as much as any other monkey. As a matter of fact, the Tabasco Soy sauce is on eof my favorite all time sauces. Hard to find but very good to me. So when I saw the latest offering in the store the other day, I had to give it a try.

Corn syrup is the main ingredient, so it is thick. Pear concentrate is another main ingredient too, as well as garlic, onion and ginger.

I was disappointed. It is very different then the other products. More sweet then spicy. Leaned towards the Asian flavor of sweet and spicy. It would make a decent dipping sauce, if you want more sweet then heat.

Maybe I set myself up for disappointment by not having more of an open mind. But for me, I was not impressed and probably will not buy it again. Might even give it away.

That sounds interesting, haven't ever seen that around.......couldn't you just add tabasco to some soy sauce??

love the reg and chipotle. You guys got the Habenero? It's hot!
Not Scotty Da Q hot, but hot! I love the fruity flavor, but it's one of those
things you use just a little of.

Captain Morgan said:
love the reg and chipotle. You guys got the Habenero? It's hot!
Not Scotty Da Q hot, but hot! I love the fruity flavor, but it's one of those
things you use just a little of.

Don't tell Larry.....if he gets a hold of it he might be talkin about his 'yogurt' again 8)

SteerCrazy said:
BigGQ said:

That sounds interesting, haven't ever seen that around.......couldn't you just add tabasco to some soy sauce??

I monkeyed around with it and never could get the flavor the same.

Yeah, I really like the Chipotle too. I put it in my whole hog basteing sauce, among other things.

Here is a link to the Tabasco Country store: http://countrystore.tabasco.com/ They have a couple of others sauces I have not tried. Anybody tried the Teriyaki Sauce and/or Worcestershire Sauce?

Also, how do you hide the link in the words? For example Click Tabasco Country store and the words Tabasco Country store are highlighted and link to http://countrystore.tabasco.com/ . Any help you can provide a monkey is appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom