Sweet Baby Ray's Chicken Wing Sauce - BBQ Central

Go Back   BBQ Central > Links/Special Deals/Product Reviews > Product Reviews
Click Here to Login

Old 08-24-2006, 09:55 AM   #1
Official BBQ Central Mark

Sweet Baby Ray's Chicken Wing Sauce

Just spotted this on my store's shelf yestyerday after having tried it at a friend's house two weeks ago.

He did some wings on his gasser and used this sauce. I thought it was very good, good flavor and good heat to it, not sweet at all. It is the type of wing sauce you think of when you think of Buffalo Wings.

On the heat scale of 1-10 I'd give it a 5 or a 6.

It's worth a try if you happen to see it and like to try new and different sauces.

Rubbed, Smoked, and Sauced Competition BBQ Team-
22 1/2" WSM, 2 18 1/2" WSM's, 22 1/2" Weber Kettle
Bruce B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 10:53 AM   #2

Thanks Bruce, I'll keep an eye out for it! (Sorry Woody)

Larry Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 01:00 PM   #3
Pope O'Que

Sounds good, love me some SBR bbq sauce, especially with some of the rev's sauce blended with it [smilie=a_goodjob.gif]
SteerCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 03:43 PM   #4
Pork Butt

Man's Best Friend- the SBR & Rev's combo is something I've been using lately as well. Especially with ribs.
Rev.Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 10:48 PM   #5

WHo is the rev?
Old 08-25-2006, 05:23 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyWhiteMan
WHo is the rev?
Steve, take a look here. I use some of his hot sauce in the chicken that I do.
http://www.revmarvin.com/
Old 08-25-2006, 09:12 AM   #7
Pope O'Que

Quote:
WHo is the rev?
that's what I said 'til i wised up and got some..... [smilie=a_goodjob.gif]
Old 08-25-2006, 09:18 AM   #8
Pope O'Que

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev.Jr.
Man's Best Friend- the SBR & Rev's combo is something I've been using lately as well. Especially with ribs.
ribs eh, might have to give that a shot...goes great with chicken
Old 08-26-2006, 04:54 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Prochilo
Quote:
WHo is the rev?
Any place local sell it?
Old 08-26-2006, 05:02 PM   #10

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Prochilo
Quote:
WHo is the rev?
Any place local sell it?
No,buy it on line. If you need a bottle in a hurry, let me know, I'll give you one of mine.
Old 08-26-2006, 08:57 PM   #11

Well glad that boy finally come up with something fit to eat. I tried his Sweet sauce out once and had a near full bottle sitting in the ice box two years later. That stuff would flat gag a gut wagon maggot. Kept thinking that goofy yet future SIL from PA come over and I could get him to eat it but he got run off a little prematurely and never got to try none. We gonna need some volunteers from Texas to try it out to make sure it worth a flip. I think a yankee tole me Baby Rays sweet sauce was good. Looking for the rope and the hawg knife as we speak..course all yankees look alike so it gonna be hard to find the offending party on this deal.

bigwheel
bigwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 09:29 PM   #12
BBQ Central College

Hey Wheel

Past President California BBQ Association
www.BBQThom.com
Thom Emery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 09:39 PM   #13

Hey Thom..glad to see you over here. I have tried to get on a few times but think they had me hung up in the twit filter or something. Thanks to Larry the Wolfe Rub fella for helping cut through some red tape and suggest to try yet again. Apparently they purty picky about who gets to post over here. I feel highly honored. Now whut be the true nature of your mission at Traders Village in Oct? If you dont mind me axing of course. You coming for judging or cooking? Enquiring minds need to know this kinda stuff. Cooking would be a lot easier..I ghurahntee..to borrow a phrase from my old Channel 13 coonass TV pal named Justeen

bigwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thom Emery
Hey Wheel
bigwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 08:17 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwheel
Well glad that boy finally come up with something fit to eat. I tried his Sweet sauce out once and had a near full bottle sitting in the ice box two years later. That stuff would flat gag a gut wagon maggot. Kept thinking that goofy yet future SIL from PA come over and I could get him to eat it but he got run off a little prematurely and never got to try none. We gonna need some volunteers from Texas to try it out to make sure it worth a flip. I think a yankee tole me Baby Rays sweet sauce was good. Looking for the rope and the hawg knife as we speak..course all yankees look alike so it gonna be hard to find the offending party on this deal.

bigwheel
ROFL!!!! as BW says, its good for the wimmin and chilluns.
Old 08-27-2006, 09:41 AM   #15

Quote:

bigwheel
This yankee has no clue of what your talking about
Old 08-28-2006, 10:11 AM   #16
Pope O'Que

Quote:

bigwheel
Maybe some of you texans should realize there are 49 other states in this country and to broaden your minds on other things outside of texas..... plus, I;m not a yankee and I like the sauce [smilie=a_chuckle.gif]
Old 08-28-2006, 03:42 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man's Best Friend BBQ
Quote:

bigwheel
Maybe some of you texans should realize there are 49 other states in this country and to broaden your minds on other things outside of texas..... plus, I;m not a yankee and I like the sauce [smilie=a_chuckle.gif]
Ya know what they say about Texas, everything is bigger in Texas, including their idiots!
Old 08-28-2006, 04:03 PM   #18
Pope O'Que

[quote=Nick Prochilo]
Quote:
Originally Posted by "Man's Best Friend BBQ":1grqxfum
Quote:

bigwheel
Ya know what they say about Texas, everything is bigger in Texas, including their idiots![/quote:1grqxfum]

Exactly... [smilie=a_goodjobson.gif]
Old 09-05-2006, 04:14 PM   #19
Master of All

Dang it.... Just Dang it !!!! ... Make yer own dang sauce !

Buing a commercial wing sauce is like going to Applebee's/Chili's/, etc to get ribs.

Soak yer own, dredge yer own, fry yer own, season yer own, sauce yer own. Life is good.
[smilie=18_13_1.gif]

Weber Smokey Joe Gold ?

Weber Grill Decency Agent # KTL9352
ScottyDaQ is offline   Reply With Quote