Survey - BBQ Central

Go Back   BBQ Central > Links/Special Deals/Product Reviews > Product Reviews
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 12-07-2012, 09:20 AM   #1
Opillion Project Manager
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 2
Survey

Hello,

I'm doing a small survey for a project and I would be very greatful if you could fill it out and send me the results by responding to this or emailing me your answers at cj2hockey@gmail.com, thank you for your time, feedback is greatly appreciated!


S u r v e y
You go out to the grill to cook up some burgers, and you set your materials down on the grill. There is limited space, and you know your items arenít stable. You put cheese on some of the burgers, and continue grilling. Then, when they are done, you go to put all the burgers back on the tray you brought out. The only problem is, now that youíve put cheese on some of the burgers, you canít stack them and they canít fit on the one tray anymore. You now have to go back inside and grab another tray, and risk overcooking the burgersÖ
1) How often do you or someone you know grill a month?
0
1-2
3-5
5-10
11-15
16-20
21+


2) When you grill, what do you cook? (circle all that apply)
A) Burgers
B) Steak
C) Chicken
D) Hot Dogs
E) Fish
F) Vegetables

3) When you grill this produce, how much of it on average do you grill?
A) Burgers: _________________
B) Steak: _________________
C) Chicken: _________________
D) Hot Dogs: _________________
E) Fish: _________________
F) Vegetables: _________________

4) Do you prefer your cheese melted to your burger when being grilled, or would you rather put it on after they have come out?
A) Melted on the grill
B) Added after

5) How much trouble do you have transporting your produce to the grill on a scale of 1 to 10, 1 being easy, 10 being difficult?
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10


6) How much trouble do you have finding space to put your produce near the grill on a scale of 1 to 10, 1 being easy, 10 being difficult?
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10


7) When you think of grilling, what colors do you think of?
__________________________________________________ _______________________

Thanks again!
__________________

Opillion LTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 07:12 AM   #2
Saint O'Que
 
Bob In Fla.'s Avatar


 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: O-Town, Florida
Posts: 1,115
Huh? Where is Bigwheel?

Bigwheel? How much should we get paid to do homework for this school kid? I mean, it must be a kid. Look at how the scene is set up...There is no way I would mess up like in the set-up in the beginning. I know how much room I have on the grate on my grill(s) and if I need more room, I cook in batches or fire up another grill. Then if I still need more room, I'll fire up a smoker or 2. Next the joker is asking me in a multiplr guess question about PRODUCE, but then the guesses include MEAT. What's up with that?? Vegetables (produce) are not food, vegetables are what food eats. Sheesh. Dumb school kids these days. Don't even know the difference between food and food's food and want other people to do their work for them. And for FREE??

BOB
__________________

__________________
The Battle Wagon used on the BBQ Pitmasters Show "Chicken Wang, Chicken Wang, Chicken Wang" NOW lives in O-Town, Floriddy
Stump's Smoker "Baby" (Pretty in Pink)
Stump's Smoker "Tailgater"
Stump's Smoker "Monster" (01/08/2013)
Weber Smokey Joe (Homer Simpson Edition Mini BGE
Bob In Fla. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 11:33 AM   #3
Official BBQ Central Mark
 
bigwheel's Avatar


 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Foat Wuth
Posts: 9,951
Well hmmm. Thinking maybe some of the lettuce cookers might be the ones to know about grilling PRODUCE. I best pass on the survey..lol.
bigwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 08:34 AM   #4
Opillion Project Manager
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob In Fla. View Post
Huh? Where is Bigwheel?

Bigwheel? How much should we get paid to do homework for this school kid? I mean, it must be a kid. Look at how the scene is set up...There is no way I would mess up like in the set-up in the beginning. I know how much room I have on the grate on my grill(s) and if I need more room, I cook in batches or fire up another grill. Then if I still need more room, I'll fire up a smoker or 2. Next the joker is asking me in a multiplr guess question about PRODUCE, but then the guesses include MEAT. What's up with that?? Vegetables (produce) are not food, vegetables are what food eats. Sheesh. Dumb school kids these days. Don't even know the difference between food and food's food and want other people to do their work for them. And for FREE??

BOB

I don't quite fully understand what you're upset about. You claim I'm a school kid, which is true, I am currently in an engineering course in which I design a product and create it. Did you do that in school? I know almost nothing about grilling, which is why I'm here posting a forum, but you start complaining about wanting money for a survey that you don't even have to look at if you don't want to. If I shoved this down your throat I'd understand wanting some monetary gain.

To touch on a few points you made;

1) Yes this is technically considered homework - It's a year long project that has to be completed for my group to pass the course.
ONE OF THE REQUIREMENTS is that we need to go onto a forum, and post about our idea to get feedback. I appreciate the feedback you've given me, but I would consider a much more concise and less insulting. I'd imagine if I'm such a 'kid' that you'd have a bit more respect and be polite, but clearly I was wrong.

2) My partner in the project wrote this survey, not me, I should have stated this but I neglected it so it is my fault.

3) You have multiple grills? A couple smokers? Great. I don't. Most consumers don't, and most grills consumers own aren't fancy and are fairly simple, thanks for the input.

4) What is a multiplr guess question? A multiple CHOICE question gives you possible answers, that if you don't know the answer to you can guess on. But you don't have to guess on this I'd assume because you're such an expert at grilling. (As you've clearly stated in this insulting response.)

5) I'm here for input, not insults. If you want to insult me go for it, but keep it to yourself. I appreciate the input you have given me however, and I know now to make sure I grill for 10 years before I leave school to learn all I need to know about the art of grilling.

6) I apologize for the word 'produce' which seems to have offended you so.

-Opillion LTD
Opillion LTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 03:05 PM   #5
Max
Wizard of Que
 
Max's Avatar


 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Detroit, Michigan
Posts: 1,543
No need to get defensive, guys this person is just here for our input. I think a few questions on the survey just caught a few of us off guard. Most of the people here BBQ or Smoke food, which is low and slow.

Anyway, I took the survey to the best of my ability. Check your inbox.
__________________
Brinkmann Trailmaster Limited
Brinkmann Vertical Charcoal Smoker
Weber Spirit E-320 Propane
Weber One-Touch Silver 22-1/2"
Weber Jumbo Joe 18"
Weber Smokey Joe Gold 14"
Fully Functional UDS 22.5" Dual Layer
Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 04:20 PM   #6
Official BBQ Central Mark
 
bigwheel's Avatar


 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Foat Wuth
Posts: 9,951
That was nice of you Max. I am going to quit believing all the bad stuff the large floppy breasted guy say about you all the time..lol. I was actually trying to find the young man a link that would tell him about the bbq hobby art science or whatever it may be. Old Garry Howard from Somke Ring used to have a FAQ which could take a newbie from square one to the end game if a person could stand to read that long. Cant seem to find the document right now. Will say it would be best for the young man to research the topic so to be able to at least ask rational questions on the survey. I also dont like to give out my email to strangers nowadays. I would be much more willing to respond to an online survery. Just my dos centavos of course.
bigwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 06:16 PM   #7
Saint O'Que
 
Bob In Fla.'s Avatar


 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: O-Town, Florida
Posts: 1,115
I have seen too many of these kinds of "surveys" where all they want is to harvest e-mail addresses and other such stuff. I'm kinda gun shy, if ya know what I mean, especially when the surveyer has no clue at all, regarding the topis he is asking questions about. If he/she has no clue, then he should say so from the get-go and not try to bullshit his/her way through.

There was one teacher that would (EVERY year) assign her students to go on the internet and find some "recipes from Europe". Yup, every year, there would be a post or three asking...
"Can someone give me some recipes from Europe?" Not even a PLEASE, never.


Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
That was nice of you Max. I am going to quit believing all the bad stuff the large floppy breasted guy say about you all the time..lol. I was actually trying to find the young man a link that would tell him about the bbq hobby art science or whatever it may be. Old Garry Howard from Somke Ring used to have a FAQ which could take a newbie from square one to the end game if a person could stand to read that long. Cant seem to find the document right now. Will say it would be best for the young man to research the topic so to be able to at least ask rational questions on the survey. I also dont like to give out my email to strangers nowadays. I would be much more willing to respond to an online survery. Just my dos centavos of course.
Let's Q!

Table of Contents

Do these look familiar?

BOB
__________________
The Battle Wagon used on the BBQ Pitmasters Show "Chicken Wang, Chicken Wang, Chicken Wang" NOW lives in O-Town, Floriddy
Stump's Smoker "Baby" (Pretty in Pink)
Stump's Smoker "Tailgater"
Stump's Smoker "Monster" (01/08/2013)
Weber Smokey Joe (Homer Simpson Edition Mini BGE
Bob In Fla. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 07:01 PM   #8
Official BBQ Central Mark
 
bigwheel's Avatar


 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Foat Wuth
Posts: 9,951
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob In Fla. View Post
I have seen too many of these kinds of "surveys" where all they want is to harvest e-mail addresses and other such stuff. I'm kinda gun shy, if ya know what I mean, especially when the surveyer has no clue at all, regarding the topis he is asking questions about. If he/she has no clue, then he should say so from the get-go and not try to bullshit his/her way through.

There was one teacher that would (EVERY year) assign her students to go on the internet and find some "recipes from Europe". Yup, every year, there would be a post or three asking...
"Can someone give me some recipes from Europe?" Not even a PLEASE, never.




Let's Q!

Table of Contents

Do these look familiar?

BOB
So highly familiar I was overcome with a Tsunami of nostalgia. Your brilliant Sir. What more could be said? Other than..think I got it bookmarked but dont lose what you got..lol. Some of them folks musta had a parting of the ways cuz it aint to be found at Garrys place no more. Hour of hard rooting turned up some kinda kinky abbreviated version. Also make a few hard copies in case Alfgore decide to un-invent his famous cyber highway or something like that. Hearty thanks and a hiney slap for you. PS Edit: Now if anybody looks at that FAQ check back here before starting in on trying to cook something. They rumored to have had yankees from the Carolina's donating recipes/techniques and stuff like that. Some of what they suggest has been proven wrong by Mr. Wizard. As Mr. Fixit say..measure it five times and cut it once. Better safe than sorry etc.
__________________

bigwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
grill, product, survey

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off







Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:35 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
×