Surprise BBQ Gadget Gift

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

czerwisp

Assistant Cook
Got an awesome surprise gift from the wife (its nice when she shares her bonus $$$)...British Racing Green Thermapen!!! No more second guessing those temps off the el cheapo probe...reads +-1 degree accuracy in ~2-3 sec.!!! If you don't have one...add it to your wish list. It's worth the money...especially if your working off a new smoker or just need to make sure you're on target during your cook.

Mee 2. Why do I read these things? I was perfectly happy with my cheap, slow, inaccurate probe.

Got my Thermapen two days ago. What a neat tool! I got a grey one, they are more accurate.:rolleyes:

But the British Racing Green ones are faster!:mrgreen:

Last edited:
Actually, the pink ones are the fastest, and besides, it matches my Pink Stump's Smoker.:yawinkle::?:?

BOB
I won one, the other was a gift:D

Tools of the Trade....Love my Thermopen and I use the CG15 Vacuum sealer from Cabela's....Holds Big Chunks, even 10/12 lb briskets...

As a follow up, I was ashamed of myself for spending as much as I did on that Thermapen (even if I did get the grey one, which everyone knows is the most accurate). HOWEVER, last night I fixed a filet migon roast on the grill and would have been mortified if I had overdone it. Thanks to the Thermapen it was perfect! Since I lack the superpower of seeing inside meat, that grey Thermapen told me exactly when to take the meat off the grill. Thanks for encouraging me to get one.

Back
Top Bottom