Portable Grills??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Johnny Beam

Assistant Cook
Im somewhat new to grilling and currently trying to find a new propane powered portable style grill for tailgating and picnicking.

Im trying to figure out what would be the best grill (brand/type) to get for less than $300.

I've seen multiple brands and grills out there and definitely don't want to waste any money on a bad grill. Any advice or insight would be very helpful. Thanks!

I've had a Napolean I've used for several years and while it cooks ok, I've had to repair it a few times and it doesn't do well in windy places. It orignally came with a cool mounting arm that slipped in to a hitch receiver for tailgaiting, but you have to remember to pack it and it's bulky. Overall I can't recommend this - it was expensive and truthfully a baby Weber and a bag of briquettes would be about as easy (also taste better) as constantly fiddling with the regulator that seems to dislodge with some regularity.

I would think a Smokey Joe would be your best bet. I have had the little propane gas griddle for tailgating, and that worked pretty well for burgers, sausage, fajitas, etc. but it's basically a hot plate.

Now since I am more into smoking than grilling, I have considered some of the new smaller smokers that do just like Janet says, slides right into your trailer hitch receiver. Looks like Gator Pit has one that I might need to try out this football season. The only thing is there is limited space tailgating these days, and it would have to stay with the vehicle.

But if I can keep my problems limited to that, I am in pretty good shape! LOL.

Back
Top Bottom