OXO Silicone Pastry Brush

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Those OXO people come up with some nice products.

If anybody hasn't discovered it yet, check out the kitchenwares section at Bed, Bath & Beyond. It's as much fun as an old-fashioned hardware store.

--John

Pigs On The Wing BBQ said:
John Pen included one of these in my santa gift.
http://www.oxo.com/OA_HTML/xxoxo_ibeCCt ... spid=53057
I have used it a few times and just love the thing. I use a very thin sauce on my chicken and the brush holds more sauce than a regular brush. If you see one in a store, check it out.

Pigs

Yeah, that little "waffle thingie" in the middle of the bristles makes it hold more sauce.

I watched a Good Eats episode just yesterday and Alton was making Baklava and he had a silicone brush with that waffle thing in the middle and he said he likes it over any other brush for holding sauce or whatever and spreads good also!!

Unity said:

If anybody hasn't discovered it yet, check out the kitchenwares section at Bed, Bath & Beyond. It's as much fun as an old-fashioned hardware store.

--John

I believe Puff has an account there.. I got the idea for the brush from Good eats !

john pen said:
Unity said:

--John

I believe Puff has an account there.. I got the idea for the brush from Good eats !
And I thank you John! that thing ROCKS. As I said, I use a thin sauce on chicken, it's great!

Pigs

So how does it paint? Does it leave any streak marks? Might have to check into getting one of those. Thanks for posting Chris!

Kloset BBQR said:
So how does it paint? Does it leave any streak marks? Might have to check into getting one of those. Thanks for posting Chris!
Not sure yet Dallas. Monty may have it right. Doing some ribs next week, that will be the big test as I use a heavy sauce on them. My chicken sauce loves the brush!

Pigs

Back
Top Bottom