Oergon Scientific Thermo Model AW-129

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cliff H.

Master Chef
These thermometers are cheap enough. I picked one up on clearance for less than $5 bucks so I thought I would give it a go.

http://www.oregoninstruments.com/produc ... mky=226818

I like the base of the transmitter. It has four padded feet and lays down flat.

The range is outstanding. With the smoker on my front porch, I walked out the back door and way into the corner of my back yard before it lost signal. Two walls and a good 80-ft. Then I turned around and headed back in. It picked the singal back up once I got back in range. No need to reboot.

There is an indicator that lets you know whether or not it is receving a signal.

There is a battery level indicator.

It has a light.

Dislikes:

The temperature alarms are pre set for each type of meat and can only be adjusted to rare, med rare, med and well done settings. You can tell what temperature the meat is at but once it hits the preset done level the alarm starts going off you cannot turn it off. You can only make it snooze for a couple of min.

This is a huge flaw in my opinion and renders the unit unusable for temps over 180.

I had 3 of those, none worked for very long. Think I got highly irritated and stomped the $hit outta the last one. Let me know if your works, maybe they have worked out the kinks. :x

I bought a Weber version several years ago and found it topped out at 199*. Sounds like they fixed that.

Griff

Back
Top Bottom