Johnsonville Andouille?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bigwheel

Master Chef
Well that whut it said on the package along with these descriptors: New Orleans Brand Andouille Recipe..spicy smoke sausage. Am here to tell ya them thangs was some kinda good. Warden just followed the directions on the package i.e. boiled the heck out of em for 10 mins in a skillet. Dump off the water and crisped em up on high heat. Came out nice and juicy..little hint of heat...nice soft bite. Blah blah blah. I ate mine on toasted hot dawgs buns with sliced cheese..Frenchies Spicy Brown mustard (try that too if you aint already) sour kraut and dusted liberally with raw garlic and onyawns. Wowser. Want say they the best store bought I ever ate but they was close. She got em at Kroger. Dill pickle and tater chips on the side of course.

bigwheel

This was fairly firm just without the tough cases a person might expect to find in a sausage with had been cooked in such an abusive manner. Couldnt hardly tell it had a case on it as opposed to such unedible pieces of meat byproducts as Earl Campbell hotlinks. That always remind me of chicken feathers stuffed into a rubber garden hose.

bigwheel

These are ok if you can't get some of the local Louisiana brands. I like mine a little spicier.

found it and tried it this weekend with some fried cabbage....dadgum good stuff.

I've found most on those andouilles to be too strong for my likings, but this was perfect.

Gonna be a staple....thanks BW

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom