Hot Sauce!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ashyface

Cook
Tobasco?
Louisiana?
Franks?

What's the "word?"

I was raised on Tobasco, but I like Louisiana for Potato Salad. I find it's more tomato based, while Tobasco is more vinegary. I've heard good things about Franks, but have never tasted it.

Just go to Wally World and find Sirriachi Sauce in the Chinese section. Thats all a person needs to know. Now if you want fancy smancy the Iguana Brand Hab Sauce from Coasta Rikka is mighty yummy too.

bigwheel

Not looking for fancy; Looking for tasty! ;) I like Louisiana Original in my Tater Salad, and Tobasco in my Red Beer! I don't like either on my Bar-B-Que, but was wondering if there might be a good one for that. I've been studying the links provided above, and feel like I'm being fed with a firehose, but I'll narrow it down. bigwheel, is that Chinese stuff good on Q?

Too bad it's Sunday; V8 or Snap-E-Tom, Tobasco, and Ice Cold Coors Light in a insulated Thermos Mug...Ahhh! Nectar of the Gods; heavy on the Tobasco!

I drink what is called a "red eye" at camp. Beer, Homemade tomato juice and Tabasco.
I try and avoid the booze and the blender as it get's me in trouble with the wife and I do stupid things.

Pigs

Hehe, Pigs On The Wing BBQ, here we call it "Redass" because the next day...LOL...well, good on ya. I don't touch the booze much myself.

Sirriachi is good on about anything I've tried it on. Its the only hotsauce I've used in years. Got a bottle of Franks in the ice box but it don't see much action. Never have been a big fan of Tabasco for some reason.

bigwheel

Both the tabasco and La sauces are good. A guy I worked with swore by Franks. I bought a bottle a tasted it. Nothing there. Tried another taste, and still nothing. I slurped a whole tablespoon full and still nothing. I asked him about it and he said he liked it because it had no heat. WTF.

Ashyface said:
Tobasco?
Louisiana?
Franks?

What's the "word?"

I was raised on Tobasco, but I like Louisiana for Potato Salad. I find it's more tomato based, while Tobasco is more vinegary. I've heard good things about Franks, but have never tasted it.

Tobasco for breakfast and spanich and shrimp soup.
Franks on Pizza and Chicken. Also Hot Wings
Louisiana when I'm tired of Franks.
Tapatio on for Mexican and especially fish tacos!

BBQ Sauce. None on the market that I like, gotta make your own!

"Louisiana Gold" is their aged in oak barrels version. Its more in line with Tobasco as far as flavor goes. I use various hot sauces, but this is my go to sauce. Have to agree with Big Wheel, with respect to Sirachi, love the stuff.

Well guess I best keep an eye peeled for the Tapatio brand. It best not be made in Noo Yawk City or yall are gonna be in a heap o trouble if I go to all the trouble to try and find some. I think Texas Pete comes from Ohiya. Talk about some evil tasting stuff..wow..and I have seen it urged to be used in hundreds of recipes. There is just some nutty folks in the world.

bigwheel

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom