GREAT Rib Rack

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bruce B

Master Chef
Have been seeeing conversations lately about the rib rack at Williams/Sonoma store. So I went on line and found it and decided to check it out at the store near my house.

We have all seen threads about the search for a good rib rack, well folks this is the one. It'sa 15 x 9 x 5 and fits perfectly in the WSM, it is non-stick, it holds 6 racks of ribs, AND it is on summer clearance at their stores for 1/2 price.

Cost me $8.95 so I picked up two for the price of one. If you have a store in your area it might be worth checking it out. Here's a link with a picture.

http://ww2.williams-sonoma.com/cat/pip. ... 3&flash=on

I used mine this weekend...it worked very well and is MUCH beter than the char-broil ones I have! Pick one up if you can!

About a week ago the wifey picked this up at a discount store here locally. I am trying it out for the first time today.

i put it under the bar and forgot about it til I found this thread. So far so good. Regular price was $12 she got it for $5.99. So far so good.

Hey Bruce PM me and tell me where that store is by you.
I've been looking for one.

Puff said:

Puff, are there any Marshalls by you? Thats where the sticker on GH came from. $6 is a great price, I think I paid $12 for the same one at WS.

Nick Prochilo said:
Puff said:

Puff, are there any Marshalls by you? Thats where the sticker on GH came from. $6 is a great price, I think I paid $12 for the same one at WS.
Yep, :grin:

The only difference is that the WS model does not have the handles on the ends...I kind of like the Marshall's model.

Here is my take on this deal.... I used it with 2 racks and found the finished product as good as if I had done them flat, easy to clean. It would be benificial if there was a shortage of space on the grill surface, but with my gizmo there was no real need for it. I had it and just wanted to try it out.
I found the ends of the ribs curled up while cooking, if this is a problem I guess you cloud cut them down, or in half. I had a problem with the cook I did towards the end. My ribs were basted with my Memphis sauce and the other was done with KC Masterpiecs Honey....uh...for my Honey! I found it almost impossible to properly work the sauce between these two racks even though they were apart. It would have been harder still if it was full of 6 racks I would think. I wound up cooking them off the rack for the last 1/2 hour. All was fine.
=D> For a smaller grill than mine.
[-X for me.

Back
Top Bottom