Et-73 Issue

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cliff H.

Master Chef
While cooking last week I used two ET-73's to keep up with everything. They were purchased the week before. One read pretty well while the other had a very limited range of maybe 20 ft.

I thought maybe they were having trouble transmitting due to being so close together so I turned off the one that was reading good. The problem did not go away so I tested the range seperatley and in unison.
The range of one of the units was 1/2 of the other.

I called Maverick CS and they instructed me to box it up and send it back for a full replacement with no questions asked.

I am happy with that arrangement.

Grilling Sauce

Found this at a road side farmers market. Cooked some pork chops the other night with pepper and salt only. Then added this after flipping it. The taste was good, but I think it would be better on beef.

I also found these at Target. Anyone ever try them?

Re: Grilling Sauce

brian j said:
can you tell me what this as to do with maveric thermometers???

signs108.gif

Thanks Brian..I thought I was in the twilight zone.. :shock:

Bill that First one looked good. Did you get that at Target too?

[smilie=threadjacked.gif] Again :shock:

After sending my maverick in for replacemet I waited for about two weeks and then e-mailed customer service that I had not heard anything. The nice lady at the other end wanted proof that I mailed the unit to the NJ address which I could not provide.

After e-mailing back and forth for a few days I was becoming quite concerned. They did not appear to have the unit and the only proof of anything I had was the internet reciept from thegadgetsource.com

I was speaking with my mom a day or two later and mentioned it and she said " Oh yea, someone called me the other day from Maverick".
After she gave me the phone number to call I talked to a real nice guy who worked in the warranty repair dept. He said he could not find anything wrong with the unit.

I explained exactly what was happening " which was the same thing I had written on a note for them" and if he could not find anything wrong then send it back, which he did a few days later.

Sooooooooooooo,

My review of Maverick Customer Service is:

The office staff and the warranty staff do not communicate very well.

The warranty staff, while they are nice folks, did not read the letter that I packed with the unit very well.

They sent back the same unit I started with so I don't know if I still have a problem or not. Seems like it would have been more customer service oriented to have sent me a new unit.

After all, that is what the first person I spoke with said was going to happen.

Re: Grilling Sauce

Bill The Grill Guy said:
Found this at a road side farmers market. Cooked some pork chops the other night with pepper and salt only. Then added this after flipping it. The taste was good, but I think it would be better on beef.

I also found these at Target. Anyone ever try them?

[smilie=offtopic.gif] [smilie=offtopic.gif] [smilie=offtopic.gif] BRAIN FART!!!!

Back
Top Bottom