Blues Hog BBQ Sauce

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zilla

Sous Chef
I mostly agree with Bryan. I got some of that from a sauce exchange on another forum. It has very good flavor but I found it waaaaay to sweet and I didn't like the thick gloppy consistency. That probably just my taste showing up though. I think it's a great candidate to be doctored up a bit because the taste is so good. I think heated up a bit and maybe thinned with water and a splash of cider vinegar would get it just right.

My Wife and kids like it thick and sweet. I cut mine with some apple cider vinegar. Can't beat the price - I can buy a quart for the price of a pint of other sauces I like.

Yup, half-and-half is good, indeed! Of course, I think his Tennessee Red is his
original thinned-down with vinegar, so you might try just adding cider vinegar
a little at a time and taste testing along the way.

John

I like it. It's sweet by itself, but I add a bit of honey to it for Griffloaf for the last 30 min. and it gives it a nice coating.

Excellent stuff. If you let it set in the ice box for a good while it tastes just like and have the viscosity of mince meat pie filling and you eat it with a spoon. Cold glass of milk to go with yum yum.

bigwheel

I prefer a sweet bbq sauce. It goves meats that extra flavor it misses when people don't know how to cook on the grill.

Courtyardgrills

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom