Reverend Marvin your shipping is a tad high - BBQ Central

Go Back   BBQ Central > Links/Special Deals/Product Reviews > Special Deals/Offers
Click Here to Login

Old 01-06-2007, 11:28 AM   #1

lol, maybe not, but you are in Hawaii.

Old 01-06-2007, 12:58 PM   #2

He's probably swimming over with it!

Old 01-06-2007, 04:45 PM   #3
Pork Butt

Let me check into it for you. I would be the first to tell you that our sauce is pretty good..but it ain't "$24 a bottle" good. I'll PM you when I find out something (probably Monday). Thanks.
Rev.Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 04:49 PM   #4
Wizard of Que

[quote=Bryan S]
Quote:
Originally Posted by "Captain Morgan":15lhwytm
If you ship to HI via Priority mail, it's just a flat rate like shipping to say NY. I just mailed a Priority mail envelope to HI on thursday and it cost $4.05 same as if i would have sent one to NY. Priority mail goes by weight and no matter where you ship to in the states it's all the same rate. [/quote:15lhwytm]

Not any more. Sent a collection of my rubs (not for sale) to my relatives Priority Mail. Different rate depending on destination. Blame it on Bush, cause it's fault no matter what.
DATsBBQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 05:12 PM   #5
Official BBQ Central Mark

[quote=DATsBBQ]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan S
Quote:
Originally Posted by "Captain Morgan":2i48zcvz
If you ship to HI via Priority mail, it's just a flat rate like shipping to say NY. I just mailed a Priority mail envelope to HI on thursday and it cost $4.05 same as if i would have sent one to NY. Priority mail goes by weight and no matter where you ship to in the states it's all the same rate.
Not any more. Sent a collection of my rubs (not for sale) to my relatives Priority Mail. Different rate depending on destination. Blame it on Bush, cause it's fault no matter what. [/quote:2i48zcvz]

There is regular Priority shipping and there is Flat Rate Priority Shipping. The regular Priority is based on weight and desination. The Flat Rate Priority Shipping is flat rate regardless of weight or destination.
Larry Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 05:23 PM   #6
Wizard of Que

[quote=Larry Wolfe][quote=DATsBBQ]
Quote:
Originally Posted by "Bryan S":36naado9
Quote:
Originally Posted by "Captain Morgan":36naado9
If you ship to HI via Priority mail, it's just a flat rate like shipping to say NY. I just mailed a Priority mail envelope to HI on thursday and it cost $4.05 same as if i would have sent one to NY. Priority mail goes by weight and no matter where you ship to in the states it's all the same rate.
Not any more. Sent a collection of my rubs (not for sale) to my relatives Priority Mail. Different rate depending on destination. Blame it on Bush, cause it's fault no matter what. [/quote:36naado9]

There is regular Priority shipping and there is Flat Rate Priority Shipping. The regular Priority is based on weight and desination. The Flat Rate Priority Shipping is flat rate regardless of weight or destination.[/quote:36naado9]

Correct, but my local Post Office doesn't have any Flat Rate Mailers available And the Post Mistress says not to expect them anymore
Old 01-06-2007, 05:28 PM   #7

[quote=DATsBBQ][quote=Larry Wolfe][quote=DATsBBQ][quote="Bryan S":3dxus1ib][quote="Captain Morgan":3dxus1ib]lol, maybe not, but you are in Hawaii.[/quote]
If you ship to HI via Priority mail, it's just a flat rate like shipping to say NY. I just mailed a Priority mail envelope to HI on thursday and it cost $4.05 same as if i would have sent one to NY. [b]Priority mail goes by weight and no matter where you ship to in the states it's all the same rate[/b]. [/quote]

Not any more. Sent a collection of my rubs (not for sale) to my relatives Priority Mail. Different rate depending on destination. Blame it on Bush, cause it's fault no matter what. [/quote]

There is regular Priority shipping and there is Flat Rate Priority Shipping. The regular Priority is based on weight and desination. [b]The Flat Rate Priority Shipping is flat rate regardless of weight or destination[/b].[/quote:3dxus1ib]

Correct, but my local Post Office doesn't have any Flat Rate Mailers available And the Post Mistress says not to expect them anymore [/quote:3dxus1ib]

You can order all your USPS Priority boxes free of charge on line. [url="http://www.usps.com"]www.usps.com[/url] They will send you as many as you want and it's still free!
Old 01-06-2007, 06:09 PM   #8

So there! Stop complaining!
Old 01-06-2007, 06:14 PM   #9
Wizard of Que

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Prochilo
So there! Stop complaining!
Who's complaining
Old 01-06-2007, 06:22 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan S
All i know is just 2 days ago i sent a Priorty mail envelope to HI and it cost me $4.05 same if i would have sent it to Nick one state away, so there. :P
That's right bud!!
Old 01-06-2007, 07:47 PM   #11
BBQ Centralite

Maybe you can arrange to be the Hawaiin distributor of Rev. Marvin's Mustard Sauce and get the shipping free. It would definitely be a hit at those luau's!

KCBS member & Certified BBQ Judge

The mission of the Kansas City Barbeque Society is to celebrate, teach, preserve, and promote barbecue as a culinary technique, sport and art form.

Sic semper tyrannis!

http://www.impeach-barack-obama.com/

http://theglennbeck912project.com/
Kloset BBQR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 08:25 PM   #12

It's great on SPAM.

"Of all the imaginary friends I've had, I don't think there was one that I didn't end up having to kill."

in seach of Umami
Finney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 07:41 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mango
zip code 96753

Thanks Rev Jr.

Anything goes on spam except cool whip.

I do have to ask many retailers if they could find it in thier heart to ship USPO. I tell them I'll even wait for their next trip to buy stamps. It saves me so much cash.

I like the headcounrty rub too, cannot find any retailer willing to ship uspo.

$6.00 a bottle becomes $12.00 that fast.

Again thank you Rev Jr for looking into it.
Hey Mango, ALL Wolfe Rub Products are shipped via USPS Priority Mail!! www.wolferub.com
Old 01-07-2007, 07:43 AM   #14
Pork Butt

You're quite welcome, Mango. The biggest problem we faced early on was the fact that the USPS didn't want to ship our sauce because of the glass containers. Maybe it was the local post office, maybe it was a USPS policy at the time. So, we've been shipping exclusively with UPS since. I'll go down the post office again and show them a sample of how we package the sauce for shipping. Anybody here that has ordered our sauce can attest, that if anything, we "over do it" when it comes to packaging to insure it arrives safely. Thanks for your interest and patience.
Old 01-07-2007, 08:46 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Wolfe
Quote:
zip code 96753

Thanks Rev Jr.

I do have to ask many retailers if they could find it in thier heart to ship USPO. I tell them I'll even wait for their next trip to buy stamps. It saves me so much cash.

Hey Mango, ALL Wolfe Rub Products are shipped via USPS Priority Mail!! www.wolferub.com
Damn brother.... Now you're "hawking" your ware in another retailer's topic. [smilie=nonono.gif] Is there no shame?

"Of all the imaginary friends I've had, I don't think there was one that I didn't end up having to kill."

in seach of Umami
Finney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 08:59 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finney
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Wolfe
Quote:
zip code 96753

Thanks Rev Jr.

Damn brother.... Now you're "hawking" your ware in another retailer's topic. [smilie=nonono.gif] Is there no shame?
I was referring to Mango's other retailers part, not Rev's. We all know Rev's is worth every dang penny it cost! I use the stuff several times a week, you know that!
Old 01-07-2007, 12:12 PM   #17
Pope O'Que

With those shipping rates that sounds like the Pepper Jelly site I USE to buy from until their shipping got out of control.....
SteerCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 07:48 PM   #18
Pork Butt

Just to clarify....shipping is not a profit center for us. When a customer places an order through our website, I have a service that estimates the UPS charges once the customer types in their address. I'm pretty sure Larry also uses this service for shipping his world famous Wolfe Rubs. This estimate comes directly from the UPS website. There is no "add a couple of bucks to the shipping" for us. It's all based on the weight and distance. We realize what a pain in the neck shipping charges are to the customer, so we try to keep the cost of the sauce at a more than reasonable price. I'm in discussions with several other carriers as we speak. Hopefully, we'll find some shipping alternatives for you guys that live in lands far, far away.
Old 01-08-2007, 04:57 AM   #19
Saint O'Que

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev.Jr.
You're quite welcome, Mango. The biggest problem we faced early on was the fact that the USPS didn't want to ship our sauce because of the glass containers. Maybe it was the local post office, maybe it was a USPS policy at the time. So, we've been shipping exclusively with UPS since. I'll go down the post office again and show them a sample of how we package the sauce for shipping. Anybody here that has ordered our sauce can attest, that if anything, we "over do it" when it comes to packaging to insure it arrives safely. Thanks for your interest and patience.
That the one of the good things about Smoke on the Beach if ya show up there I can always get reloads!!!!!
South Carolina BBQ Association Master Judge
2- 22 1/2 '' WSMs
1 single barrel 55 gallon drum smoker
WalterSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 05:23 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev.Jr.
Just to clarify....shipping is not a profit center for us. When a customer places an order through our website, I have a service that estimates the UPS charges once the customer types in their address. I'm pretty sure Larry also uses this service for shipping his world famous Wolfe Rubs. This estimate comes directly from the UPS website. There is no "add a couple of bucks to the shipping" for us. It's all based on the weight and distance. We realize what a pain in the neck shipping charges are to the customer, so we try to keep the cost of the sauce at a more than reasonable price. I'm in discussions with several other carriers as we speak. Hopefully, we'll find some shipping alternatives for you guys that live in lands far, far away.
Yep Woody we do use the same shipping calculators. And you hit a good point that I don't think the consumers realize. We both break even on shipping costs and is certainly not a profit center for us. Some online stores due mark up their shipping charges, which I don't really understand. Or they sell their product a buck or two lower than the competitor and simply hide the increase in their S&H charges.

Quote:
Please Please note I posted here since I did not find anyway to reach them on their link. It was not a complaint as many of you know. Just want to clarify that.....

I purchased a scale from a company their shipping thingybob did the same thing, I questioned them and they realised it doubled the price. I ordered the scale he deducted the extra at the time of purchase.

I know most of you were funnin.
Mango,
We need customer input or inquiries like yours. If you don't let us know how our consumers feel about our products or methods of receiving our products we won't know how you feel. I appreciated your post and I'm sure Woody does too and I'm sure that's why he's looking into alternative shipping methods.