Bob Grillson Pellets now available - BBQ Central

Go Back   BBQ Central > Links/Special Deals/Product Reviews > Special Deals/Offers
Click Here to Login

Old 10-06-2013, 08:41 AM   #1
BBQ NOOB

Bob Grillson Pellets now available

Bob Grillson pellets are now available through Amazon. Just search by name mentioned. For those interested, all wood pellets being sold are 100% of said wood. Mix and match to create your own smoking profile.

ducaticraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 05:31 PM   #2
Saint O'Que

How do they compare to BBQrs Delight pellets?

Stump's Smoker "Monster" (01/08/2013)
Weber Smokey Joe (Homer Simpson Edition Mini BGE
Bob In Fla. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 05:54 PM   #3
BBQ NOOB

Grillson pellets - apple

Hi there, I'm going to be using the apple pellets in about two hour when I get home from work. I'll reply to this post later tonight to let you know my thoughts. I have all wood types coming to my house in the next day but I have apple waiting for me at my front door when I get home from work. Talk with you soon. I normally use BBQ Delight and Lumberjack so i look foward to the comparison. I've tried peach pellets from BBQ Delight and did not think much of them for smoke flavor.
Old 10-12-2013, 01:51 AM   #4
BBQ NOOB

Bob, I used the Grillson pellets this evening and my first impression is they are really good. I did not remove my drip pan to see how much ash there was after a cooking session. What struck my attention first was the smell of the pellets. First they actually had a fresh, somewhat sweet, aroma that I've thought was always missed from other pellet brands. The smoke coming out of the Yoder had a similar good sweet smell while cooking.

When I grill off my Komodo Kamado and add small chunks of fruit wood I get a great aromatic smoke that really smells good. I've always questioned why that aroma was missing when I open a package of pellets. This was the first time I noticed a similar scent coming from the Apple - Bob Grillson pellets. As for smoke flavor, it was very light yet noticeable more so than BBQ D. To me, all BBQ D wood pellets seem to give off a similar smokey flavor regardless of which one is being used. So far I only tried Bib Grillson Apple pellets, they give off a truer smoked flavor to the wood being used.

My first impression is favorable and I'm looking forward to trying the other wood pellets. Send me a PM if you want to try the apple pellets? I can send you out a small sample bag of the apple I just bought being I have extra. I think you might like it. I know I did.
Old 10-13-2013, 10:09 AM   #5
Max
Wizard of Que

I can not speak for everyone, but I don't use pellets. I only use real wood. Not really found of ground up wood that is held together with a starch compound. Like I said I can not speak for others. Stick with the wood chunks.
Weber One-Touch Silver 22-1/2"
Weber Jumbo Joe 18"
Weber Smokey Joe Gold 14"
Fully Functional UDS 22.5" Dual Layer
Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 11:53 AM   #6
Saint O'Que

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max View Post
I can not speak for everyone, but I don't use pellets. I only use real wood. Not really found of ground up wood that is held together with a starch compound. Like I said I can not speak for others. Stick with the wood chunks.
Mostly, I agree with you.

I was just using my pointy stick, jabbing at the guy that has 3 posts to this forum and all 3 are telling us about this wonderful new product of his...Can you smell any SPAM this morning? And I don't mean the potted meat product that is made by Hormel.
Old 10-13-2013, 12:24 PM   #7
BBQ NOOB

The reasin for posting only about new pellets is just that, they are new pellets. I did not know about this site until I searched it on Tapatalk last week. There is no spam here. Being in a BBQ website I look for new products and appreciate when someone brings them to my attention. As a consumer I can decide what I like and dislike and take it from there. Now if I broke any website rules with my post I apologize. Being new to the site if there are no pellet users than again I'm sorry for my pellet post. I do like using wiod chunks as mentioned in the previous response. Fuitia has extremely fresh wood if you have not tried it.
Craig
Old 10-13-2013, 11:09 PM   #8
Max
Wizard of Que

Lol, sorry Bob, continue with the pointy stick jab of encouragement...
Weber One-Touch Silver 22-1/2"
Weber Jumbo Joe 18"
Weber Smokey Joe Gold 14"
Fully Functional UDS 22.5" Dual Layer
Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 12:06 AM   #9
BBQ NOOB

Just received an order of Bob Grillson and Lumberjack 100% Cherry pellets. Here are some pictures to compare the two different manufactures. The Lumberjack pellets are of similar sizes where the Grillson pellets range from very small to large. Not sure if size matters when it comes to pellets. The larger label is the Lumberjack pellets. I'll cook with the pellets this weekend to see if I can notice a difference in smoke flavor
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1381899433.937623.jpg
Views:	254
Size:	38.1 KB
ID:	4609   Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1381899463.761867.jpg
Views:	268
Size:	41.1 KB
ID:	4610   Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1381899529.339622.jpg
Views:	244
Size:	38.3 KB
ID:	4611  

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1381899554.159107.jpg
Views:	248
Size:	46.5 KB
ID:	4612   Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1381899587.295264.jpg
Views:	248
Size:	44.9 KB
ID:	4613   Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1381899595.452730.jpg
Views:	252
Size:	43.3 KB
ID:	4614  

Old 10-16-2013, 03:27 AM   #10
Saint O'Que

Those pieces of labels look like they have been wet and the rats and cockroaches have gotten into them...