Fancy catfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

big dude

Sous Chef
Can't remember where we got this recipe, but the first time we had it, my wife said if I wanted it, I'd have to cook it, because the recipe just didn't inspire her. So I made it and after two bites she (and i) thought it was great. Had it tonight and it's still delicious - in spite of how it might sound. It is definately one we serve to company and worth a try. Ate half before I thought about a picture- sorry. BD

3.8 oz Can sliced ripe olives, drained and minced
1 ½ tsp Coarse mustard
3 ½ tsp Olive oil
Four Catfish fillets, 4-6 oz, ½ inch thick
1 tsp Hot sauce
1 Tbsp Fresh lemon juice
2 Tbsp Butter
2 oz Prosciutto or country ham, julienned (we’ve tried both and notice no difference)
1 Tbsp Capers, rinsed and chopped
3 Tbsp Sliced almonds, toasted
Four French bread, ½ inch slices

1. In a small bowl mix olives, mustard, and 1 ½ tsp olive oil. Set aside.
2. Heat oven to 250 F.
3. In a small bowl, stir together 2 tsp olive oil, hot sauce, and lemon juice. Brush on both sides of fish. Heat a non-stick skillet over medium high heat and add fish fillets, two at a time. Cook about 5 minutes per side, or until brown, turning only once. Transfer to an oven-proof dish and keep warm in oven. Repeat with remaining fish fillets.
4. Over medium heat, melt butter in same skillet (fish drippings remain in skillet). When lightly brown, add prosciutto and saute for a couple of minutes – be sure to mix in all pan drippings. Remove from heat and stir in capers and almonds.
5. Just before serving, toast French bread and spread with black olive mixture. Place a piece of toast on each plate, top with catfish , and spoon over prosciutto-butter sauce.
Makes four servings

Hmm this one I gotta try I love most of those ingredients. Its almost like a rustic tapenade with Fish and sauce!!!

Sounds incredible

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom