What do you pay for ribs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Meathead1

Assistant Cook
I'm curious about meat prices around the nation. Can you folks tell me what you typically pay retail for these uncooked cuts:

- Baby backs (range from low to high):
- Spares with tips (range from low to high):
- St. Louis cut (range from low to high):
- Tips (range from low to high):
- City you are in:

Too Damned much! I only buy spares.

Spares - $1.89 at the butcher (Penchorns Meat Market) for full untrimmed racks and $2.89 at HEB (a very large regional market chain).

Last time I got a case of spares it was 1.39 or something like that. I think pork prices have gone up so now that case may be up ot 1.50-1.60. I can get baby backs a wal mart for 2.99 I think. Have only cooked baby once. Might do them for comps.

Chris

chris1237 said:
Last time I got a case of spares it was 1.39 or something like that. I think pork prices have gone up so now that case may be up ot 1.50-1.60. I can get baby backs a wal mart for 2.99 I think. Have only cooked baby once. Might do them for comps.

Chris

Dang Chris, we only cook ribs and you're cooking the whole baby now?? 8-[

Larry Wolfe said:
chris1237 said:

Chris

That must have really hurt :eek:

It's a pretty tough crowd here Chris!

Meathead, last bb I bought were from Costco, I believe they were $2.89 per pound.

The local supermarket here has spares this week on sale for $1.39 per pound. I don't know if thats St. Louis or untrimmed. I was gonna pick up some to keep in the freezer and if I remember I'll post back with the cut.

Larry Wolfe said:
chris1237 said:

Chris

Ya and it was damn good too :grin: :eek:

I do not remember the price per pound as I only was looking at the total $$$ but I paid $28.00 for three racks of spares in cryovac at Sams.

Nick Prochilo said:

Meathead, last bb I bought were from Costco, I believe they were $2.89 per pound.

The local supermarket here has spares this week on sale for $1.39 per pound. I don't know if thats St. Louis or untrimmed. I was gonna pick up some to keep in the freezer and if I remember I'll post back with the cut.
I paid $119 lb. untrimmed, cryovac, at the supermarket last week.
BB's $2.99 lb.

Puff said:
Nick Prochilo said:

BB's $2.99 lb.
:ack: :ack: :ack:

The Joker said:
Puff said:
[quote="Nick Prochilo":8fgppkp6]It's a pretty tough crowd here Chris!

BB's $2.99 lb.
:ack: :ack: :ack:[/quote:8fgppkp6]
It was a big Memorial Day sale :eek:
I wish I would have had more freezer space #-o
The ribs weren't that bad once I trimmed them up :eek:

Meat prices

Thanks for your hepl, folks. I am gathering info from other message boards and I'll let you know when I have anything publishable.

Cliff H. said:
I do not remember the price per pound as I only was looking at the total $$$ but I paid $28.00 for three racks of spares in cryovac at Sams.
I paid $30.00 ($8.99lb) for 2 slabs st louis style. My grocery store get's them in that way, Spare Ribs were $4.99lb. I was in a rush and didnt want to trim em so I splurged.

Baby backs 2.98/lb.
Spares 2.58
Pork loins 1.89
Pork tenderloins 2.89
Costco West Palm Beach

Back
Top Bottom