Sausage Gravy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Very similar to what they fed us in the Army except the bastards were too cheap to use sausage, substituted hamburger instead and served over toast. You probably know it by its more colorful name Shit On a Shingle or just plain old SOS for short. Great stuff!

Kloset BBQR said:
Very similar to what they fed us in the Army except the bastards were too cheap to use sausage, substituted hamburger instead and served over toast. You probably know it by its more colorful name Shit On a Shingle or just plain old SOS for short. Great stuff!

I thought SOS was creamed chipped beef on toast ???

ScottyDaQ said:
Kloset BBQR said:

Not in the Army! :LOL:

You got that right! It's good stuff though especially in the winter. Add a little garlic powder and a couple of beef boulion cubes while cooking, then add some flour to absorb the grease (makes a nice roux), then add milk, cook til thickened, add salt and pepper to taste and a little worcestershire sauce and you've got yourself a meal! Trust me on this one! I cook it at comps and I've never had any leftovers!

ScottyDaQ wrote:
Kloset BBQR wrote:

Not in the Army! Laughing

They treated us better in the Marines. We got chipped beef but toaster usually didn't work :shock:

Are you removing the cooked sausage, adding everything to the grease and then adding the sausage back to the mix or leaving the sausage in the entire time?

Back
Top Bottom