Sage Rubbed Pork Tenderloin & Sage Butter - Family Favorite

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Redflea

Cook
Wish I could remember where I found this - would like to give credit where credit is due.

<Edit - figured it out, was in Sunset magazine...>

Family loves it. Don't make the sage butter as much any more, the pork doesn't really need it, it's very moist/tender.

Sage Rubbed Pork Tenderloin & Sage Butter (Serves 6 to 8 peeps)

Two ¾ lb to 1 lb tenderloins.

Rub:
• 2 T crumbled dried sage
• 1 ½ - 2 t brown sugar (Original recipe is 1 1/2, I like it a little sweeter)
• 1 ½ t kosher salt
• 1 t garlic powder
• 1 t fresh ground pepper

Sage Butter:
• 6 T butter unsalted (I used salted)
• 2 T olive oil
• ¼ cup sage leaves (I used a little less than ¼ cup crumbled dried sage, same as above)
• 1 to 2 garlic cloves, sliced
• 1 anchovy filet or salt to taste (I left this out, as I used salted butter)

Combine dry ingredients and rub to a “sandy” consistency, mainly need to break down the sage to it isn’t too clumpy. Coat tenderloins w/canola oil and apply rub to cover them fully. Let sit at room temperature for 25-30 minutes.

Start grill and heat to high. Grill tenderloins on high until well browned on all sides, then reduce heat to medium/medium low and close/cover grill and cook until 150 degrees internal temperature via meat thermometer (about 15 to 20 minutes depending on thickness/temp). Turn periodically and reduce heat if required to avoid burning. Though they are fully cooked, the tenderloins will still have some pink in them when done. And the crust will be amazing…

Remove pork from the grill, cover w/foil tent and allow to rest for 10 minutes.

While tenderloin is resting, heat butter and add olive oil, and add sage and sliced garlic. (If using unsalted butter add salt or anchovies to taste). Heat for ten minutes over medium to medium-low heat and then strain sage butter to remove sage pieces. Retain garlic slices and add back into strained butter. Return to very low heat until ready to eat.

Slice pork into ¼ to ½ inch slices and dress with sage butter and sliced garlic pieces. Eat with garlic mashed potatoes and green beans…unbelievable!

Garlic Mashed Potatoes & Green Beans:

Cut potatoes into ½ inch thick pieces. Add one whole garlic clove with each potato to boiling water. When potatoes are soft, drain and mash with butter, sour cream, salt and pepper to taste. (I like Yukon Gold potatoes.)

Cut green beans into 2" to 3” pieces. Boil 3 minutes, drain and season w/butter, salt, and pepper.

Eat.

Smile at chef.

pork-tenderloin-su-1622411-l.jpg

Back
Top Bottom