Pork & Mustard

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rag1

Executive Chef
Have used yellow hotdog mustard as a glue for the rub on boston butt. It disappears during cooking and adds no flavor. Grey may add some flavor, I don't know. Hey, you're Mrmustard, I should be asking you. LOL :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

MrMustard said:
p.s.
why does everyone here feel like using the cheapest brand of mustard available?

IMHO it's because I am looking to have the taste of the cooked meat and maybe my spice rub and mustard is pretty much a tastless means of firmly applying to rub to the cold meat.

Are you a Mustard Maker or Mean Mr. Mustard Man from the Beatle's song?
lol
just messing with ya man. Please don't take me wrong.

peace

Everyone feels like using the cheapest...because most people think that the mustard flavor dissapears during the cooking process....why pay good money for something you can't taste..Like LITE Beer

I use Rev Marvins sauce www.revmarvin.com for my slather. I did a boneless turkey breast this weekend with the Rev HOT and Wolfe Original. I caked on the wolfe rub too. When it was done there was a bit of heat to the outer portions of the turkey, the wolfe original doesn't have that kind of heat to it but the Rev's does. Now, there was no mustard taste but the heat was still there.

SteerCrazy said:
I use Rev Marvins sauce www.revmarvin.com for my slather. I did a boneless turkey breast this weekend with the Rev HOT and Wolfe Original. I caked on the wolfe rub too. When it was done there was a bit of heat to the outer portions of the turkey, the wolfe original doesn't have that kind of heat to it but the Rev's does. Now, there was no mustard taste but the heat was still there.

Hey SteerCrazy you a Knopfler fan? He's playing the greek here in L.A. but the ticket prices are crazy. Its bumming me out as I really wan to see him solo. Seen Dire Straights a bunch of time but I think solo would be amazing.

Back
Top Bottom