Left Over Pork Loin

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bknox

Head Chef
Cicero, IL, but my heart is in Virginia where my f
I have about 2.5 lbs of leftover pork loin. It is slightly, well pretty dry. Any suggestions about to make out of it?

Off top of my head I was thinking of a pork and chickpea curry, maybe I will slice it thin and bite the bullet and eat sandwiches for next week or so.

We make chili out of ours or baked beans with cubes of pork loin. (We had some tonight in fact)

It is also good in a spaghetti sauce or chopped into Kraft Dinner.

This sandwich recipe bailed me out real well one time when I had some leftover loin. Don't leave out the grilled onions! :D

http://www.virtualweberbullet.com/porkloin1.html said:
Mighty Fine Leftovers

I read about this approach to pork loin leftovers in a post on The BBQ Forum that was attributed to Ray Lampe, aka "Dr. BBQ".

Cut a nice, thick slice of loin, apply your favorite rub to both sides, then grill each side over medium-high heat for a few minutes on your charcoal or gas grill.

You can see the result here with a slice of the orange juice loin. It's fabulous. In fact, you'll probably think it tastes better as leftovers than it did the first time you ate it. It's smoky, it's well-seasoned, it's got those sexy grill marks. It also takes care of any red meat near the bones.

It's my understanding that Dr. BBQ serves this (without the bone) on a bun with grilled onions!

loin15_sm.jpg
Link to larger image.

--John 8)
(Dang, now I'm wishing I had some leftover loin. :( )

Back
Top Bottom