Huevos rancheros

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

john pen

Master Chef
Not really a pork recipe, but it does have bacon in it. One of my favorite breakfast recipes and always a crowd pleaser. Huevos rancheros are basicly a quesadilla with eggs on top...

Ingredients :

1 small sweet onion - diced and sauteed (preferebly in butter)
2 or 3 strips of cooked bacon
shredded chedder ( I like to use the finer shredded as it melts quicker)
1 soft taco shell
2 eggs

In a frying pan, take the taco shell and begin to warm it over a fairly high heat. To half of it, add first a layer of cheese, then the sauteed onion and bacon (crumbled or left whole in strips). Any other item can be added at this point to your liking, ie green pepper, mushrooms, ham, etc. Top this with another layer of cheese and fold over. I press along the sides a bit so the cheese will "glue" the shell closed before I flip. Cook both sides till brown and so that the cheese inside melts. Remove it from the pan and keep warm (in the micro or a low oven) Fry a couple of eggs and serve on top of the shell. For a hearty appetitte, make a quesadilla with the same fillings and top with 3 or 4 eggs.

ready for the second layer of cheese....

eggs added...

Some like to add salsa and sour cream.

That has to be good!!!
I leave the taco open, slather with a layer of refried beans, eggs, salsa, cheese and sour cream. Then go lay down for 2 hours.

Back
Top Bottom