Fatty question.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

92hatchattack

Senior Cook
Hey guys, i have a few questions about this "Fatty"

I see that basicaly is just a whole bunch of sausage rolled and stuffed... ok, i can do that. But where are you guys getting the sausage? I was looking around and i diddnt see any ground sausage or anything.. so what are you guys using?? Am i gonna end up needing a meat grinder to make me a fatty?

Thanks guys..

If I don't have any ground pork or homemade sausage around, I'll take the meat out of store bought sausages. (I use Italian) A pound of sausage makes a real nice fattie!

So even the store bought ones have to be sent trough a grinder though right?

What exactly is the diffrence between like an italian sausage and a "brat" or are they the same thing?

92hatchattack said:
So even the store bought ones have to be sent trough a grinder though right?

What exactly is the diffrence between like an italian sausage and a "brat" or are they the same thing?

No, don't have to grind them. Just push the meat out of the casing. Difference between brats and italian is the seasonings. Some folks do breakfast, I don't care much for the taste.

I usually grind my own, as then I have control over the fat content, and flavor profile - plus the fatty can include more than just pork!

My local shoprite doesnt seem to carry the large rolls of jimmy dean.. bummer.

They do have some other options though, but i cant remember the name. Pretty much i should just go any pork sausage roll at this point right?

92hatchattack said:
My local shoprite doesnt seem to carry the large rolls of jimmy dean.. bummer.

They do have some other options though, but i cant remember the name. Pretty much i should just go any pork sausage roll at this point right?

Your a lucky man! Just buy yourself some Italian sausage, slip it out of the casing and make your own fattie! Much better than breakfast sausage!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom