Smoked, Boneless Chicken Wings (Thighs)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nvestysly

Assistant Cook
I've smoked boneless, skinless chicken thighs a number of times and really enjoy the outcome. Nice smoky flavor, moist, tender...

After pondering what my next chicken "invention" might be I decided on boneless, skinless, smoked chicken wings made from thigh meat.

This is not really a recipe - you can certainly do whatever you want with type of wood, dry rub, sauce or whatever else makes you happy. My goal by posting here is to have others try what I've done and see if you like the results. Maybe this is not unique but I didn't find any reference on this web site or others I searched.

I started by trimming several pounds of boneless, skinless thighs to remove any extraneous fat or unwanted remnants of bone, etc. I laid out the thigh and cut it into three pieces as shown. Then after smoking... the sections look quite a bit like, and have similar size, to chicken wings.

I took these to a party recently and everyone that ate them had a second helping. MMMmmm, Good!

Attachments

• 1_whole_small.jpg
    1_whole_small.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 325
  • 2_cut_small.jpg
    2_cut_small.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 280
  • 3_smoked_small.jpg
    3_smoked_small.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 300
I'm so enamored with these boneless chicken wings that I plan to smoke some more in the next few days. Friends have indicated they are great! One guy tried to make his own version and said he used too much smoke! Is that possible?

Next time I'm using smoke paprika in the dry rub.

Back
Top Bottom