Diva Q Turkey Pot Pie with Biscuit topping

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Diva Q

Executive Chef
Ingredients

1 large onion chopped
1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
3/4 cup sliced celery (1-1/2 stalks)
1/2 cup chopped green pepper (1 small)
2 tablespoons butter
1 tsp poultry seasoning
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1-1/2 cups chicken broth
1 1/2 cup milk
2-1/2-3 cups leftover turkey
1 cup loose-pack frozen peas
1 1/2 cup mixed frozen veggies

Bisquick Topping:
3 cups Bisquick
3 eggs
2 cups milk

img_71643_0_dec3c59a755b918e034d68d6cf7a4246.jpg

img_71643_1_5369ade1363ba06c4fff5f5d10b41217.jpg

Nick Prochilo said:
Finney said:
[quote="Nick Prochilo":im2ea4ke] Hummmm, if only directions came with those ingredients!

1) Mix
2) Cook
3) Eat

:roll:

Fastly approaching 7000![/quote:im2ea4ke]

:LOL: Great recipe Diva, gonna have plenty of turkey leftovers so this recipe works great!

LOL Darn it

Here are the directions.

SHeesh sorry everyone.

Directions

In a large saucepan cook mushrooms, celery, and green pepper in hot butter over medium heat for 4 to 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir in the flour, poultry seasoning, salt, and pepper. Add broth and milk all at once. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Stir in turkey veggies and peas. Pour into a 2-quart rectangular baking dish.

Mix up Bisquick topping and pour over turkey mixture in dish.

Bake, uncovered, in a 400 degree F oven for 30 to 35 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Let stand for 20 minutes before serving. Makes 8-10 servings servings. Well I guess it could probably serve 12 but heck we were hungry. lol

Just a note about the chicken broth mine was reduced sodium.

You may not need to add any other salt if yours is regular salt

ugh.

I need more coffee today, ok I need a whole pot of coffee today.

Darn

In a large saucepan cook mushrooms, onion, celery, and green pepper in hot butter over medium heat for 4 to 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir in the flour, poultry seasoning, salt, and pepper. Add broth and milk all at once. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Stir in turkey veggies and peas. Pour into a 2-quart rectangular baking dish.

Mix up Bisquick topping and pour over turkey mixture in dish.

Bake, uncovered, in a 400 degree F oven for 30 to 35 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Let stand for 20 minutes before serving. Makes 8-10 servings servings. Well I guess it could probably serve 12 but heck we were hungry. lol

Just a note about the chicken broth mine was reduced sodium.

You may not need to add any other salt if yours is regular salt

Hey Diva Q...you reckon that need a touch of Yellow #7 to make it look more like Swanson? I like my chicken goop to be yellow for some reason. Do you think there is any hope for folks like that? Now I cant afford no Saffron if thats whut you was thinking:)

bigwheel

Unity said:
Bruce B said:
What are we suppose to do with the onion?
4.gif
You're just lucky she didn't tell you what 95% of the rest of us would have. ;)

--John 8)

I was kind of expecting that, but both of us being of Canadian heritage, I knew she would know that I was only funnin' her.

Also Unity, I think you're a little low with that 95% figure. :LOL:

Whew folks thanks for that Tumeric tip. I got some of that left over from the big chow chow estravaganza...now it wasnt cheap. Think I paid 3 bucks for a real small jar. I was thinking about buying by the pound..but then I say heck that is a lot of tumeric huh? Thankfully I still got a bunch left after making all the chow chow. I still got Wolf Boy on the list to try some. Now the warden dont like it which is a real good sign:)

bigwheel

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom