Smoked Meat Loaf

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LarryWolfe

Chef Extraordinaire
Smoked Meat Loaf

4 lbs Ground Chuck
2 Eggs
¼ Cup Ketchup
1 Large Onion Diced
1 Large Bell Pepper Diced
2 TBS Worcestershire Sauce
3 TBS Wolfe Rub Bold BBQ Seasoning
3 Cloves of Garlic smashed
½ Cup Reverend Marvin’s Gourmet BBQ Sauce
¾ Cup Bread Crumbs (or enough to bind together)

Note: Measurements are guestimates, I don't really measure, so if you think it needs more or less of an ingredient adjust to your tastes.

Finishing Glaze

1/2 Cup Reverend Marvins Gourmet BBQ Sauce
1/2 Cup Ketchup

Combine all ingredients and put into a big bowl or loaf pans that have been sprayed with Pam for easy removal and refidgerate several hours covered with foil. When you're ready to smoke, leave the foil ontop of the pan and turn the pan upside down onto the grill and remove bowl or pan. The foil will prevent the loaf from falling through the grates.

Smoke between 250-260 until you get an internal temp of 150*, apply finishing glaze and continue to cooking to 160* internal temp.

NOTE: Go light on the wood, the ground meat will absorb every bit of smoke you give it, so use a small amount of a mild wood.

bknox said:
Looks great Larry! I usually top meatloaf with BBQ sauce but never thought to smoke it.

I know there is joke here somewhere. :shock:

No joke it's really smoked!

When I first began using my smoker in the spring I had a fairly bad experience with smoke overload.

Since, I used grape vines my brother sent from Va (very nice) and do not overkill on the smoke. I still have much to learn but I have eaten almost everything I cooked so far. :D

big dude said:
Meatloaf looks great and i've never done it. Did you leave on foil the whole cook? Holes for grease drainage? Thanks

Yes, kept the foil on the entire cook and rolled up the edges to pool the fat. The reason I did that is to prevent the edges from overbrowning or burning. I poked a couple holes in the foil about 30 minutes before it was done to drain the grease and firm up the bottom.

Just watched "Down Home With The Neely's" on the food network and they oven baked "bbq turkey meatloaf" that looked like it would work well on the smoker.

Back
Top Bottom