Smoked Beef "Chuckie" Vegetable Soup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bruce B

Master Chef
Tried a new way to eat BBQ today, made some soup, from one pack of left over smoked "chuckie" from the other day (yep, it was your pack Puff).

An onion, some mushrooms, pkg of mixed veggies, some baby carrots and about 7 small new potatoes that were in the refrig, two large cans of Swanson Beef Broth, and garlic/pepper seasoning. Brought all to a boil and simmered for about 45 minutes.

It was really good, great smokey flavor...it will be even better tomorrow.

The broth looks greener in the picture than it actually is, more of a brownish/beef colored broth. Should have pushed the peas and lima's down lower before taking the picture.

I forgot about that, the wife had about 1/4 bag she wanted to get rid of so she threw it in there. Not very many.

Larry Wolfe said:
Bruce that looks great! But where are the tomato's???

Kind of made it on a spur of the moment type deal and used what I had on hand in the house, didn't have any tomato's.

Maybe next time. Thinking I might make me up some cornbread today.

Bruce B said:
[quote="Larry Wolfe":gjryqx70]Bruce that looks great! But where are the tomato's???

Kind of made it on a spur of the moment type deal and used what I had on hand in the house, didn't have any tomato's.

Maybe next time. Thinking I might make me up some cornbread today.[/quote:gjryqx70]

Yep, sometime just using what you have on hand makes the simplist, but best meals!!

Let me git this straight...u guys have a problem with ketchup on hot dogs...but want to ruin a wonderfull soup with maters...... ;) :P U guys are killing me....

Actually to be honest tomato's never entered my mind until Larry brought it up.

It is lacking something though, it has a great smoky BBQ flavor, I'm thinking maybe some hot sauce or something today....whatcha think, open to suggestions.

My Polish grandmother used to make a soup with oxtails and tomates.....it was a pink color...ketchup belongs on dogs.

Bruce B said:
Actually to be honest tomato's never entered my mind until Larry brought it up.

It is lacking something though, it has a great smoky BBQ flavor, I'm thinking maybe some hot sauce or something today....whatcha think, open to suggestions.

[smilie=a_hrm.gif] Okra and tomatoes..... and Cajun seasoning. ;)

As I'm kicking myself in the ass!
Looks like I sure missed out Bruce :cry:
Looked real tasty though ;)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom