Reuban Braids

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

big dude

Sous Chef
We just finished a meal I liked a lot. :) Sorry but I forgot to take pictures. :oops: It is from the June/ July issue of “Taste Of Home” magazine and was submitted by Kellie Mulleavy of Lambertville, Mi. It’s called Reuben Braids and if you like reuben sandwiches, I can’t imagine you wouldn’t like it.

6 oz Corned beef, chopped (we used pastrami and sliced it thin, rather than chunked)
1½ cup Shredded Swiss cheese
¾ cup Sauerkraut – rinsed and well drained
1 sml Onion, diced
3 tbsp Thousand Island dressing
1 tbsp Dijon mustard
½ tsp Dill weed
2 pkgs Crescent rolls (8 oz ea)
1 ea Egg white, beaten
1tbsp Sesame seeds (we omitted - wife doesn't like them)

Preheat oven to 375*. In a large bowl, combine the first 7 ingredients (we put on meat and combined next six). Unroll one tube of rolls onto an ungreased baking sheet; seal seams and perforations. Put half of meat and filling down center of rectangle. On each long side, cut 1” wide strips to within 1” of filling. Starting at one end, fold alternating strips at an angle across the filling; seal ends. Repeat with remaining crescent roll and filling. Brush egg whites over braids and sprinkle with seeds. Bake for 25-30 minutes.

Hey Big I get taste O home too, Recipe sounds great, Did ya see the sirlions with blue cheese butter?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom