Coney Isle Hot Dog Sauce

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bill The Grill Guy

Master Chef
This is my Aunts version of Coney Chili Dog Sauce.

3# ground beef
6 teas Cumin
6 teas paprika
1 tea garlic powder
5 teas chili powder
salt and pepper to taste

cook the meat, add the seasoning and water (1cup) and simmer until it reduces down to a good consistancy. It freezes well in food saver bags.

Sounds good thanks for sharing. Now I got a hot dawg sauce which is purty good too. Take a big can of Wolf Brand Chili mixed with a heaping helping of Pace brand medium Picante sauce. About 3/4 in favor of the chili. Whew now that will perk up a Coney Island dawg to notches unknown.

bigwheel

bigwheel said:
Sounds good thanks for sharing. Now I got a hot dawg sauce which is purty good too. Take a big can of Wolf Brand Chili mixed with a heaping helping of Pace brand medium Picante sauce. About 3/4 in favor of the chili. Whew now that will perk up a Coney Island dawg to notches unknown.

bigwheel

Didn't know Larry was making chili now, and never figured you for hawking it so shamelessly. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Dang..I did not even make the connection on that deal. Swear that boy got his finger in mo pies than Little Jack Horner huh? Now will give a testimonial on his chili. That is the true Texas Chili Heritage that is often bypassed in the cutesy commentaries on real Texas Chili. We got to get the boy to drop the "e" if he want encroach on that canned chili fortune. I mean an illiterate person might try to pronounce it Wolfy...or something like that. Depends on whether the e is silent not. Never did quite figger out the rule on that deal.

bigwheel

Back
Top Bottom