portobello

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Finney

Master Chef
Savannah, GA and Somewhere near Lexington, NC
I grill mine direct. EVOO on first, a little S&P. Cook gill side down for about 5 min. Turn over, cook about 4 min. Put crumbled Blue Cheese on them and remove when the cheese starts to melt.

They're gooooooood! :!:

As to: what should I do with em?
I generally eat mine.... but be creative. #-o
sorry, I couldn't help myself.

Finney said:
I grill mine direct. EVOO on first, a little S&P. Cook gill side down for about 5 min. Turn over, cook about 4 min. Put crumbled Blue Cheese on them and remove when the cheese starts to melt.

What's EVOO?

Beech Bang said:
Finney said:

What's EVOO?
Extra Virgin Olive Oil. :(

I usually do mine on the grill as stated above then cut it up and eat it with a nice thick medium rare rib eye steak and wash the whole mess down with a cold beer or a nice glass of merlot or shiraz.

A little fresh, minced garlic is a nice addition just prior to serving!

(Or just put a small amount of granulated garlic on with the S & P ;) )

I do mine a couple of ways...

Whole caps...butter spray or EVOO and grill gill side down for 5 minutes, flip, pour on some Ponzo sauce and cover with fresh grated parmesan cheese and grill till cheese melts into the cap.

Sliced...caramelize some onions with butter/EVOO and roasted garlic. Add mushrooms and cover for 5 minutes. Deglaze with some sweet rice wine and reduce until slightly thickened. Sprinkle some Parmesan Garlic seasoning and serve over a hot steak. Slap your mama good!

Finney's sounds good too. Might give it a run.

Bruce

Hey Bruce
When your done washing down your culinary mess....and I can only hope it was with a Shirzas.
Didn't you end your evening with a cup of expresso and some sambuca on the side?

Oh in case anyone wants to know, I make my own sambuca, both clear and dark, I have to admit...people say it's better then any store bought.

Taking orders in 1 week :LOL:

Hey Bruce, how many holes to wise guys dug this week? ;)
Northsmoke Connecticut

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom