Onion Soup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Come on boys and girls. :D I have a 25 pound bag of onions I want to use up. Just because there free, is no reason to waste them. I have plenty of room in the deep freezer. Plus about in the middle of winter it be nice to just grab a quart out to enjoy. I did Google it, but didn't see any thing that tripped my trigger.

Pigs

Try browning off a big pot full of sliced onyawns in some butter an olive oyl then cover it up with the best beef broth you can find and let it chuckle away for a while. S and P to taste. That should work.

Goober

Goober said:
Try browning off a big pot full of sliced onyawns in some butter an olive oyl then cover it up with the best beef broth you can find and let it chuckle away for a while. S and P to taste. That should work.

Goober

Thanks Goober. Used a beef base. Was killer. Chicken stock is for the birds. :LOL: Simple is better for me as I tend to take a simple recipe and spend all damn day on it.

Pigs

swampsauce said:
add a 1/4 cup worshire to a box of beef broth. takes it up a level or 4.

That's next on the list. Pal just dropped off a half bushel of the sweetest one's this year.
Wonder bread, fresh mater from the garden, HUGE slices of onion, mater, with Miracle whip.
I put Limburger cheese with Horseradish mustard on the last one. Sorry no pics as the batteries are in the charger. Going to make them tonight. Pics to be posted. May sound gross, but it's good with me.

Pigs

Sounds good. Now a slice of baloney would be good on there too. Muracle Whup is for wimmen, chillins and yankees. You need to get some stuff called Kraft Mayonnaise. That would make it perfect.

Goober

Take following ingredients for making a onion soup:
* One spoon butter
* 3/4 lbs onions
* 32 or 4 cups of beef broth
* 4 slices of French bread
* 2 cups Swiss cheese, shredded
* Parmesan cheese
Method::
* set about 550ºF temp.
* Melt the butter in a 2 quart pot
* Reduce heat and simmer until heated through.
* Toast the bread in the oven until the cheese is melted and the edges are golden.
* Pour the soup into 4 bowls.
* Finish off by sprinkling with Parmesan cheese.

Sounds good. Thanks. Love that onyawn soup. Now most times I just wait till aint nobody looking and drink it from the bowl. I think soup should be served in coffee mugs with a handle.

Back
Top Bottom