looking for recipie of stuffed shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
1 lb. fresh crab meat, drained and flaked
45 (2") saltine crackers, crushed
1/2 c. mayonnaise
1/2 c. catsup
1/4 c. butter, melted
2 tbsp. prepared mustard
1 egg, beaten
1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
Dash hot sauce
30 to 40 jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
10 slices bacon

Combine first nine ingredients; mix well and set aside. Place 2 shrimp side by side in the center of a slice of bacon. Spoon 3 tablespoons crab stuffing over shrimp; top with 1 or 2 additional shrimp. Wrap ends of bacon over crab meat stuffing and shrimp, securing with wooden pick. Repeat procedure. Place bundles in a 13x9x2 baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 40 minutes. (Any extra crab stuffing may be spooned into a greased 1/2 quart casserole and baked at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.) Baste bundles with drippings; place under broiler, and broil 1 to 2 minutes or until lightly browned.
Serves 5. May be prepared ahead of time.

Note: Crab stuffing may also be used to stuff flounder. Stuff flounder loosely with crab meat mixture, and place on a greased baking sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 40 to 60 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.

Finney said:
WalterSC said:
I am looking for a way to make shrimp stuffed with chedar cheese and crab meat wrapped in bacon , anyboy got anything similar??

Sounds like you just wrote one. ;)

I am not sure how to get the cheese and crab meat to hold together while wraping it with the bacon. I will remove the shell and the tail of the shrimp.

Finney said:
1 lb. fresh crab meat, drained and flaked
45 (2") saltine crackers, crushed
1/2 c. mayonnaise
1/2 c. catsup
1/4 c. butter, melted
2 tbsp. prepared mustard
1 egg, beaten
1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
Dash hot sauce
30 to 40 jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
10 slices bacon

Combine first nine ingredients; mix well and set aside. Place 2 shrimp side by side in the center of a slice of bacon. Spoon 3 tablespoons crab stuffing over shrimp; top with 1 or 2 additional shrimp. Wrap ends of bacon over crab meat stuffing and shrimp, securing with wooden pick. Repeat procedure. Place bundles in a 13x9x2 baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 40 minutes. (Any extra crab stuffing may be spooned into a greased 1/2 quart casserole and baked at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.) Baste bundles with drippings; place under broiler, and broil 1 to 2 minutes or until lightly browned.
Serves 5. May be prepared ahead of time.

Note: Crab stuffing may also be used to stuff flounder. Stuff flounder loosely with crab meat mixture, and place on a greased baking sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 40 to 60 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.

Thanks Finney I appreciate that!!!!!

Captain Morgan said:
the crackers will hold it together.

Thats what I love about this group we may fuss and growl at each other fom time to time, but if anyoine needs a answer ya get it fast , we are one big family if ya ask me.

What I do with jumbo shrimp is to butterfly them deep then take a sliver of jalapeño pepper a slice of guda cheese then wrap in apple wood smoke bacon. Then I marinate them in EVOO, garlic, cajun season, and basil then grilled on a gas grill.

Buffarilo

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom