Grilled Portabella Toadstools? Recipe?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
G

I don't eat Toadstools but my lovely wife Michele does and she gets what she wants cus we have a deal I won't mention here but, things are always better for me when she's happy.

I got [4] about 4-5" in diameter. I have other veggies I will grill wok for her while cooking steaks and shrimps

Thanks folks

I got a recipe for stuffed mushroom, it might work with portabellas

20 2 inch fresh mushrooms 2 tbsp butter
2 tbsp lemon juice 1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 pound lump crab meat 2 tbsp minced pimento
2 tbsp mayonnaise 2 tbsp sour cream
1 tsp salt dash of Tabasco or hot sauce
dash of Worcestershire sauce

Directions
Wash and remove stems from mushrooms. Mix the butter, lemon juice, garlic and salt in a fry pan; sauté mushrooms caps. Combine the remaining ingredients and fill the mushroom caps with the mixture. Arrange on a baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray and bake for 15 minutes in a 350 degree oven.

you could substatute shroons instead of mirlitons
in this one too
http://www.recipesource.com/ethnic/amer ... yote1.html

Made them twice this weekend. Outstanding. On the grille I coat them with good seasonings Italian dressing (the kind you mix your own self). Grill face down (open side) then flip and pool dressing in the cup type shape.
Better is in the smoker. Coat with same dressing. Pour a little extra in the open face. Put a little Pick-A-Peppa sauce in there, plus some chipotle Tabasco sauce, and maybe a splash of sweet chinese vinegar. Top with very thin sliced sweet onions (chopped a bit) the smoke for a couple of hours till they look flat and limp. At 240 they won't over cook.
These will get you special favors of varying types. I know!

I have stuffed mushrooms similar to what JB has posted except less mayo and there are breadcrumbs in it to make a kind of seafood stuffing.

You can just grill portabella mushrooms and brush with butter or garlic butter until slightly tender. Then stuff them with guacamole and eat it like a sandwich on bread. Not exactly gourmet but tasty.

Also grilled then stripped and tossed with freshly roasted red pepper strips to top off a steak is a pretty good way to go.

007bond-jb said:
I got a recipe for stuffed mushroom, it might work with portabellas

20 2 inch fresh mushrooms 2 tbsp butter
2 tbsp lemon juice 1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 pound lump crab meat 2 tbsp minced pimento 2 tbsp mayonnaise 2 tbsp sour cream
1 tsp salt dash of Tabasco or hot sauce
dash of Worcestershire sauce

Directions
Wash and remove stems from mushrooms. Mix the butter, lemon juice, garlic and salt in a fry pan; sauté mushrooms caps. Combine the remaining ingredients and fill the mushroom caps with the mixture. Arrange on a baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray and bake for 15 minutes in a 350 degree oven.

you could substatute shroons instead of mirlitons
in this one too
http://www.recipesource.com/ethnic/amer ... yote1.html

interesting....

Back
Top Bottom