Fried Turkey for guys weekend

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

golpher247

Assistant Cook
Hi all,

I'm heading up to a guys weekend in a few weeks and I'm going to be deep frying a turkey for the first time. I've done enough research on the cooking side of things but now I'm thinking about serving this cooked bird.

People will be arriving at various times and we aren't the type of crowd to sit down to a formal dinner. I think I'm going to serve the turkey as a sandwich. I've got some great buns to use but I'm looking for a killer sauce to top the sandwich off. I'm thinking of a spicy mustard or spicy mayo type of sauce but I'm not creative enough to come up with it on my own.

If you can think of any type of sauce that would fit the bill then I would appreciate the input.

My choice would be canned cranberry sauce on both sides of bread. Second choice is mayo with Sirachi mixed in there.

true, but my first taste was a version from the swamps of Louisiana.

my old team mate Rita made this once and I loved it.

COOPER HOUSE

REMOULADE SAUCE

Ingredients

1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
3/4 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup chopped green onions
1/4 cup chopped celery
2 tablespoons chopped garlic
2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
3 tablespoons Creole whole-grain mustard
3 tablespoons prepared yellow mustard
3 tablespoons ketchup
3 tablespoons chopped parsley leves
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Directions

Combine all ingredients in the bowl of a food processor and process for 30 seconds. Use immediately or store. Will keep for several days in an airtight container in the refrigerator

I would alert the fire department and put them on stand by. The fried turkey deal was invented by a drunk coonass to play tricks on them from the right side (left) of the Sabine. I know a person who nearly burned his house down on a self same project. Smoke it breastes down. You wont be sorry. Now if you burn down your crib you might be regretful. It do not turn turkey into prime rib. Its hard to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear etc.

Captain Morgan said:
true, but my first taste was a version from the swamps of Louisiana. my old team mate Rita made this once and I loved it.
You've twisted my arm, it does sound great, so it's in the recipe box and I'm giving it a try soon. Thanks for the recipe.

Cap, that recipe sounds great. That will be going on a crabcake sandwich asap! As far as turkey goes, like swampsauce says, mayo and sriracha is simple and tough to beat. I usually doctor mine up with a little cracked black and an extra splash of sherry vinegar (or red wine) for a little extra zip. Throw some chili garlic sauce in there if you want to thicken it up or add a little heat.

yeah that swampy is all into fusion cooking. I like to keep my
ethnicity's apart....cajun on one plate, oriental on another.

swampsauce said:
My choice would be canned cranberry sauce on both sides of bread. Second choice is mayo with Sirachi mixed in there.

Absolutly. It's a white trash tradition in my home to serve the cranberry gel. It slides out of the can and still looks like a can on the plate. you can slice it like a tomatoe. Add some stuffing, mashed potatoes and gravy and you got one good sammie.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom