Football season almost here......favorite tailgate recipes?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
PantherTailgater said:
Puff said:
BigGQ said:
One of my favorite is Brats browned then finished in a heavy dark beer, grilled onions and butter bath and then served in kaiser rolls. Could eat them all day!!
Dark beer, :-k hmmmmm...

Ummm, Ummm, Ummm....now we're talking!
I have to try the dark beer, beer bathed brats are the best =P~ =P~

The Joker said:
PantherTailgater said:
I’m going to try some ABT’s today on my tailgating grill along with the brat recipes. I’m in Tailgating Training Camp from now until the NFL season starts.

HALL OF FAME GAME
Sunday, Aug. 6
Oakland vs. Philadelphia (Canton, Ohio) 8:00 p.m. (NBC)

I know, it's pre-season but HEY! It's American Football !! =D> =D>

Our (Panthers) first preseason game is Sat., Aug 12th at night. We'll get there around 4 pm for our tailgate. It will probably be about 900 degrees!! 8-[
Gotta find something pretty light for the tailgate meal.

PantherTailgater said:
Pigs On The Wing BBQ said:

White hots(pork hot dogs) with onion and dill pickle.

Pigs, I need a little more details. All of this looks foreign to a Southern boy. :D
Well, All I can tell you is that there is a small company that makes all pork hot dog. Might be a Buffalo thing. I have had them all my life, Great chared on the grill.

PantherTailgater said:
[quote="Pigs On The Wing BBQ":2xs7meuw]

Pigs, I need a little more details. All of this looks foreign to a Southern boy. :D
Well, All I can tell you is that there is a small company that makes all pork hot dog. Might be a Buffalo thing. I have had them all my life, Great chared on the grill.[/quote:2xs7meuw]

IMO, it's great that there's still regional foods like that. I had never seen them before in any of the grocery stores in the South. I didn't mean to imply that they weren't good, I was just curious about them.

PantherTailgater said:
PantherTailgater said:
[quote="Pigs On The Wing BBQ":2d8obvjn]

Well, All I can tell you is that there is a small company that makes all pork hot dog. Might be a Buffalo thing. I have had them all my life, Great chared on the grill.

IMO, it's great that there's still regional foods like that. I had never seen them before in any of the grocery stores in the South. I didn't mean to imply that they weren't good, I was just curious about them.[/quote:2d8obvjn]
They are a regional thing PT, there is still some of that around here but IMHO a lot of the recipes or methods have changed and so has the end product. #-o That company Pigs spoke about used to make the Best Polish Sausage but they changed there methods and the sausage isn't the same...
Like you PT I'm ready for some FOOTBALL

wittdog said:
PantherTailgater said:
PantherTailgater said:
[quote="Pigs On The Wing BBQ":2t9fppbx]

IMO, it's great that there's still regional foods like that. I had never seen them before in any of the grocery stores in the South. I didn't mean to imply that they weren't good, I was just curious about them.
They are a regional thing PT, there is still some of that around here but IMHO a lot of the recipes or methods have changed and so has the end product. #-o That company Pigs spoke about used to make the Best Polish Sausage but they changed there methods and the sausage isn't the same...
Like you PT I'm ready for some FOOTBALL[/quote:2t9fppbx]

It's too bad that so many of the regional producers are being consumed by national companies.

This is probably a discussion better suited for the General Discussion Forum and probably a little too serious but IMO we’re becoming too homogenized. I know that Southern accents and phrases are routinely criticized by many people in other parts of the country but I’m proud of mine. I like the differences in dialect that still exist throughout different parts of the country. Unfortunately, there’s not much difference in the strip malls with the same food franchises that you find in NY versus North Carolina versus Kansas or Oregon anymore. Ultimately we’re the same in our basic desires but it sure is nice to still see the regional differences that this board represents in the way we prepare our food.

I really like the diversity that I find here in food preparation. =D>

Take one tailgate...
Remove the membrane (bed liner)
Brine for 24.25 - 47.5 hrs
Cook at 257* until "pop up" timer... well... pops up.
Sauce with a 51/49 mixture of KC Masterpiece and honey.
Slice very thin against the grain. (the grain of the inside panel might run opposite from the grain in the exterior... so be careful)
Serve on greasy paper bags with seasoned salt. 8-[

Finney said:
Take one tailgate...
Slice very thin against the grain. (the grain of the inside panel might run opposite from the grain in the exterior... so be careful)

Sounds like something I ate at Golden Corral a couple of weeks ago. Did you sell them the recipe??? :grin:

PantherTailgater said:
Finney said:
Take one tailgate...

Sounds like something I ate at Golden Corral a couple of weeks ago. Did you sell them the recipe??? :grin:
Uuuummm, Cappy invented that one too... 8-[

The Joker said:
PantherTailgater said:
Finney said:
Take one tailgate...

If I listened to you guys, I would think that Morgan was related to Al Gore. :razz:

PantherTailgater said:
The Joker said:
PantherTailgater said:
Finney said:
Take one tailgate...

If I listened to you guys, I would think that Morgan was related to Al Gore. :razz:
He invented him too! :grin: :grin:

The Joker said:
PantherTailgater said:
[quote="The Joker":2lwzmhwm]
PantherTailgater said:
Finney said:
Take one tailgate...

He invented him too! :grin: :grin:[/quote:2lwzmhwm]

=D> =D>

wittdog said:
Captain Morgan said:
Look, I gave you the internet, and I can take it away! [-X
What wrong with my connect.......................................................
Dial-up should sum it up... :grin: :grin:

The Joker said:
wittdog said:
[quote="Captain Morgan":3vy9p2i7]Look, I gave you the internet, and I can take it away! [-X
What wrong with my connect.......................................................
Dial-up should sum it up... :grin: :grin:[/quote:3vy9p2i7]
It's tradtional puttering 8-[

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom