Flounder, Mahi Mahi fillets on sale. Any ideas? (Kevin!)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Helen_Paradise

Head Chef
I did a ginger/pineapple juice/garlic something marinade and wrapped them in banana leaves and grilled. Don't have the exact recipe but...

it was something like this:
1/4 cup pineapple juice
2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
1 tsp salt-reduced soy sauce
1 tsp grated fresh ginger
2 tsp vegetable oil
1 tsp minced garlic

I am not the best with matching sides...so Raine, take it away! I think I had mashed potatoes with this...was still on soft foods after having the wisdom teeth out.

I keep driving by the artichoke fields here and think they would make a nice seasonal side.

That's cute Susan.I drove friends and family crazy for years with that one. Got out of allot of cooking and kitchen time by agreeing to show up with a huge dish of them " special " mashed taters. :grin:

Susan- some friends of mine here in Florence, SC have a really good restaurant (matter of fact, they use my sauce on grilled pork tenderloin as a special about once a month). Anyway, they have a line of rubs and sauces as well. Check out the aioli sauces they have at www.redbonefoods.com They're pretty good.

Oh no, Know what that means? Yes it's time to clean out all the kitchen cupboards and throw away those older than dirt spices that you bought because they were less money by buying the large container and you used about a quarter of it and its who knows how old. And then there are the mystery containers.You put something in a old container and don't label it? Oh yea I have those. You open it, Smell it, Taste it, And then think to yourself what the hell is it? In the trash it goes because it's dead of any flavor. Only good that comes from it is you find the old waffle iron and make waffles the next Sunday. ( you young punks with your toaster waffles would not understand ) Keep those old boxes of 'Pop Tarts and Twinkies' you bought in the 70's There good if we ever get nuked. Plus take out and look and play with all those kitchen gadgets you bought and could not live with out at the time.( they hide in your basement too ) I have two Vega-O-Magic's I can always sell them on e-bay. Your kitchen cupboards are like a time machine. I have all the baking tins That ma or family gave me exc. and can remember back when they were used or a kitchen gadget for a birthday or special occasion in the family or friends.WOW NO MORE CORRY COFFEE for me.

Susan, did you get the Mahi - Mahi fillets at Trader Joes? I picked up a package thet other day and haven't had a chance to give them a try yet. I also bought and grilled 1 of the Santa Maria Tri Tips on Monday. Not bad, but I prefer the plain ones seasoned with my own stuff.

Nick Prochilo said:
Susan, did you get the Mahi - Mahi fillets at Trader Joes? I picked up a package thet other day and haven't had a chance to give them a try yet. I also bought and grilled 1 of the Santa Maria Tri Tips on Monday. Not bad, but I prefer the plain ones seasoned with my own stuff.

I stopped by TJ today and saw those tri tips... could not believe the price on them. Marinated or not...whoa!

Pigs On The Wing BBQ said:
Helen: Drizzle a little white truffle oil in them mashed taters. That will put a smile on your face! :D

Where do you get that at? Looked for it at TJ, but didn't see it. I'll give a look around for it and give a try. Must be tasty :)

Bryan S said:
[quote="Helen_Paradise":1z65ursj]

I stopped by TJ today and saw those tri tips... could not believe the price on them. Marinated or not...whoa!
The Tri-Tips run $5.99 a lb. here at TJ'S which i don't think is too bad. Delmonicos are $8.99 lb or more. :eek:[/quote:1z65ursj]

*rubs eyes* Sheeeeeeeesh. Have you seen or made pork tri tip? I just saw that in the butcher's case today. That one was at 2.19/pound.

LMAO umm no. I went in to check on a phone order I made a month ago for chicken...then scoped out the case. Did a double take, read the tag and price, looked again to make sure I read right....and then ordered a bag of quails instead. You're makin' me feel guilty for not picking one up...so at my lunchtime I'll walk down and get it :)

Back
Top Bottom