Egg casserole

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

swampsauce

Sous Chef
Cooking at church to feed bible school workers next week. I always cook homemade biscuits, homemade sausage gravy, and scrambled eggs. Want to get away from scrambles eggs, too much work to cook while cooking biscuits. Need a food recipe for an egg casserole. Any help appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. Got tired of waiting on free app, so I bought it.

Tim, this is my go to breakfast casserole for guests and family gatherings. I like it because I can make it the night before. I do sometimes use French Bread.

Breakfast Casserole, Nina's
Recipe By: Nina Daniel Pryor
Yield: 10 pieces

Ingredients:

1 lb. sausage, cooked, Bob Evan's Hot
2 cups cheese, sharp cheddar, grated
6 slices bread, white or wheat, sliced into 3/4" pieces
6 eggs
2 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon salt
pepper, dash
1 teaspoon dry mustard

Directions:

1. Grease a 9" X 13" glass baking dish.
2. Brown and crumble the sausage, and kind will work but I am a fan of Bob Evan's Hot.
3. Place bread in the greased 9" X 13" glass baking dish.
4. Layer cheese and then sausage over bread.
5. Mix eggs, milk, salt, pepper, dry mustard and pour over bread mixture immediately after mixing.
6. Chill overnight.
7. Place in a COLD oven - bake 45 minutes at 325° - 350°.

Notes: The casserole is made the night before and refrigerated over night

I need to triple it. Ever do that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. Got tired of waiting on free app, so I bought it.

No, but I have made two a time, wouldn't see why you couldn't double up in a larger shallow dish, just can't be too deep or it will never get done. Fun to mess with other sausage, cheese and bread.

Thats a good recipe and was just fixing to suggest something similar. I think technically it would be a Friata. Jimmy Dean put out a recipe for it one time.

Ingredients

1 (16 ounce) package Regular Flavor Jimmy Dean Pork Sausage
10 eggs, lightly beaten
3 cups milk
2 teaspoons dry mustard
1 teaspoon salt
6 cups cubed bread
2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 cup sliced mushrooms (optional)
1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped (optional)
1/2 cup thin-sliced green onion (optional)

Directions

Preheat oven to 325 F. In large skillet, cook sausage over medium-high heat, stirring frequently until thoroughly cooked and no longer pink. In large mixing bowl, combine eggs, milk, mustard and salt; stir well.
Distribute half the bread evenly in a buttered 9 x 13 x 2 inch baking dish. Sprinkle with half the pepper, half the cheese, half the sausage and half of each optional ingredient. Repeat layering using remaining bread, pepper, cheese, sausage and optional ingredients. Pour egg mixture evenly over casserole.
Bake uncovered for 55-60 minutes, or until eggs are set. Tent with foil if top begins to brown too quickly.

Footnotes

may be assembled ahead and refrigerated up to 12 hours before baking.
Time Saving Tip: One package of 9.6 oz fully cooked Jimmy Dean® Hearty Sausage Crumbles may be substituted for one 16 oz roll of fresh breakfast sausage in most dishes.

PS..Nearly ghorontee it be good to let this stuff mellow out in the ice box overnight. Works that way on bread pudding too.

What happens if a baby chicken pops out on this deal? See yall never seem to get the big picture so to speak. Worst case scenario. How high do it need to get to make it cease and desist? Thanks.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom