Deviled Eggs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cliff H.

Master Chef
This may come as a shock to many but I have never ever made deviled eggs. I love to eat them and I am always pissed when they are all gone before I get some.

Anyone have a proven recipe that they can pass on ?

Well the Warden say to go to ehow.com and look for a recipe which gets five starts and read the reviews. I know we used to make a good one using curry powder. Look for one which calls for curry powder. Hope this helps. Looked the responses were coming purty slow..lol.

Now see here Mr. Morgan, I eat the eggs. Someone else makes the eggs. Till now. I want some and my wife don't cook and my momma lives in Texas. : )

I see....well as long as you are trying....I like with lots of flavor

Makes 12 deviled eggs

6 hard-cooked eggs, peeled, cut in half, and yolks mashed in a bowl
2 tablespoons mayonnaise
2 teaspoons yellow mustard
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
3/4 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
1 teaspoon distilled white or cider vinegar
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Salt to taste
Paprika for garnish

1. In a medium-size bowl, combine the thoroughly mashed egg yolks with the mayonnaise and mustard. Stir in the Worcestershire sauce, Old Bay, vinegar, and pepper. Because of the Worcestershire and Old Bay, the filling is pretty salty already, but taste and add more salt if you wish.

2. Fill the egg whites evenly with the mixture and garnish each egg half with a sprinkle of paprika. Serve cold.

Extra Points: To avoid last-minute preparations, these deviled eggs can be made the day before the game or race. In fact, they taste better if the flavors have had time to combine. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate.

Replace the the Old Bay Seasoning with Creole Seasoning. You can use sweet relish or dill relish, both are good, just different.

Now not sure I take this laying down so to speak. I have the best deviled egg recipe in the world but forget what it is right now. Give me some time. I am going to check with some old widder ladies just to make sure. How much time remains?

When you go to stuff the white halves, put the yolk & etc mixture in a ziplock bag... cut off a small corner of the bag and gently squeeze the stuff into the half... like using a cake decorating bag or caulk gun. Saves time and less mess.

oompappy said:
When you go to stuff the white halves, put the yolk & etc mixture in a ziplock bag... cut off a small corner of the bag and gently squeeze the stuff into the half... like using a cake decorating bag or caulk gun. Saves time and less mess.
Do you know what I hate about this method?

I know about it, I tell people about it, but when it comes to real-life, I have only done it twice. I usually remember while I am cleaning up the mess that I could have saved by using the zip-lok bag. :oops:

BOB

Naw think I used to have one but some of the mean grand chillins fried my hard drive a few times. Can't go too wrong listening to Cappy. I do like the curry flavor in em. Guess I must be part red dot or something..lol.

I have to say I am a little disappointed BW, I saved a spot right next to Cappy's recipe for yours, I was hoping to have a choice the first time this Yankee made Deviled Eggs .... Before you tell me my Yankee is showing, I have eaten plenty, just not made any.

I feel your pain Bro. In Texico making deviled eggs is actually considered what could be called "wimmens work" ...so being a testosterone laden Alpha Male I did not specialize too heavy in how to make them things. Now was pressed into the estrogen mode a few times and I followed a recipe in a cook book called Betty Crocker's Good and Easy Cookbook...and that was the one which called for the curry powder. I looked around and found a plausible looking variant of it which shows curry powder as an option instead of mustard. Mustard and curry must clash or something. Seems like the one in the book also called for a small amount of sweet pickle relish. Here is the place where I found it. Lot of good tips on here too. Maybe put it on the menu after trying Cappy's version..providing you still alive and such stuff:) http://www.helpwithcooking.com/egg-guid ... ecipe.html

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom