Corned Beef Brisket

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bigwheel

Master Chef
Storebought corned beef is usually too salty to smoke or grill..at least the ones I have bumped into anyway. I would simmer it in a big pot o water till it gets tender..cool it down a bit and slice it thin against the grain. Pile it high on Jewish Rye bread with Swiss Cheese then grill it crispy in butter n both sides on a griddle or skillet. When the bread has turned to toast and the cheese starts to melt remove it...disassemble and spread with either mustard or Thousand Island dressing and some good drained kraut. Claussen Crispy German style aint too bad. Serve it with a big Dill Pickle spear and some tater chips. Its called a Reuben sandwich.

bigwheel

Will aqee with yall quickly on the Pastrami...just aint never bumped into a storebought corned beef which could be de salted enough to make it fittin. Think the Good Lord intended that stuff to be boiled in a bunch of water. Now you want to make it yourself..that is a hoss of a different color I think. Person use a way less salty brine etc. Works great.

bigwheel

Well aiint no deal been created here. We always bickering like a bunch of old widder ladies:) Glad to hear you enjoyed the sandwich. Reubens is a manly man type thing. Aint even sure it legal for wimmen to eat em. Prob depends on whut State you from. A Jewish lady from New Yawk City like em just fine I would guess. Course they always use mustard...Can't be seething a calf in it's Mother's Milk according to the Torah ya know? Might be a little of the Calf's Mamas Milk in the Thousand Island dressing. You never can tell on them deals. No need for Gentiles to worry about it.

bigwheel

Back
Top Bottom