Chicken Wings

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vermin999

Executive Chef
I need a chicken wing recipe other than Buffalo wings for a contest I want to enter. Right now I am leaning towards Larry's OMS wing recipe. Anybody have anything else??

Swampy wangs has served me well in contests. Have several trophies with plastic chickens on top. Cimmeron Docs bbq rib rub, my favorite sauce sweetened up some, cook wings till done. place wings bowl with sauce and cover tight for about an hour. Shake up every now and then. 45 minutes before turn in, return to grill on low heat and set sauce. I apply a couple coats of sauce. Be prepared to walk. Any "sweet heat" rub will do the trick.

I actually prefer grilled wings to fried. I use John Boy and Billy sauce a lot. Also, brining wings before grilling works magic.

Captain Morgan said:
I actually prefer grilled wings to fried. I use John Boy and Billy sauce a lot. Also, brining wings before grilling works magic.

You sure do know how to hurt a man....

Wings

Brine your wings.

Grill wings ...

Mix a sauce out of Hot Sauce - Brown Sugar and ground rosemary. Mix enough brown sugar to cut the heat from the sauce ... mix with a generous amount of rosemary. When wings are nearing completion, begin glazing

Last edited:
Rosemary? Aint heard of her in years..lol. I hear wild stories of folks doing combo smoking and frying of various avians and their sundry parts. Not sure why it wouldnt work on various bird appendages also. Is frying legal in the contest at hand?

Back
Top Bottom