Big Wheel's Hot Links - Page 2 - BBQ Central

Go Back   BBQ Central > Recipes > Looking for a recipe?
Click Here to Login

Old 11-10-2011, 06:31 PM   #11
Official BBQ Central Mark

Re: Big Wheel's Hot Links

Hey Dat's. How you been Senor? Glad to see your smiling prose on the cyber page yet again finally.

bigwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 09:07 PM   #12
Wizard of Que

Jeff, I'll be better when the insurance check arrives to correct what you see in my avatar. BTW, that Ft Wurth tap water, well its better than the tap water on the island. Know that I've been spoiled by Rocky Mountain Spring water, complete with all the minerals a growing boy needs like iron, uranium and felspar.

Greg, I'm still alive and kicking. No plans to check out any time soon. I stopped by to update my email and say this post. Knew I could lend a hand so I did.

DATsBBQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 10:36 AM   #13

Well having a little eye trouble on the avatar. Looks sorta like a broke vase with a lump o coal in it. House fire maybe? How did you manage to wind up in Galveston? Hope you have a great Veteran's Day.
Old 11-11-2011, 01:19 PM   #14
Wizard of Que

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwheel
Well having a little eye trouble on the avatar. Looks sorta like a broke vase with a lump o coal in it. House fire maybe? How did you manage to wind up in Galveston? Hope you have a great Veteran's Day.
The long and short of it is that the Mrs transferred from the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA - the weather service and global warming folks) to the US Army Corps of Engineers here in Galveston. They paid for the move, better promotion potential for her and I don't have to deal with snow. It was a no brainer to tell the truth. My Kamado that had traveled 1,200 miles and decended 7,000 feet only to be dropped by the movers less than 25 feet from where he was gonna be set up. We're living 4 blocks from the Gulf on one side and 7 blocks from the Bay on the other. So far, so good.
DATsBBQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 03:54 PM   #15

Ok gotcha. Deepest condolences on the pit. Heard them things can act like Humpty Humpty if they happen to decelerate rapidly. You gonna have some rough duty down there at Galveston..especially during Mardis Gras. Nekked lady's running ever whichaway I heard. Now if you play your cards right you should be able to summer up in the cool country and get back to the Ocean in time to shield your eyes from the nudity types. lol
Old 11-11-2011, 04:40 PM   #16

Dat's thanks for the explanation on the avatar I was racking my brain to figure out what it was. Sorry for your luck there, that's an expensive mistake on the movers.
KCBS Certified Judge #53267
bbquzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 04:57 PM   #17

Welcome back, we missed you!
Old 11-12-2011, 03:00 PM   #18

Well I hate to admit it..but what Nick said too Meant to say on the opening salvo hearty congrats to Mama on the nice promotion. Sure wished I could get the Warden motivated to go find some gainful employment. She has too much free time on her hands to make sure I don't have much fun..sniff sniff. What kinda guest facilities are we looking out there in Galveston? Is there room to park a Class C MH? Maybe a 50 amp breaker and a sewer connection..cable TV hook up etc? Kindly keeps us posted. Thanks.
Old 11-12-2011, 07:26 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwheel
Well I hate to admit it..but what Nick said too Meant to say on the opening salvo hearty congrats to Mama on the nice promotion. Sure wished I could get the Warden motivated to go find some gainful employment. She has too much free time on her hands to make sure I don't have much fun..sniff sniff. What kinda guest facilities are we looking out there in Galveston? Is there room to park a Class C MH? Maybe a 50 amp breaker and a sewer connection..cable TV hook up etc? Kindly keeps us posted. Thanks.
BW while you are asking don't forget about Wifi, you need to stay connected
KCBS Certified Judge #53267
bbquzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 12:54 PM   #20

Ahh yes on the Wifi deal. Can't survive without a compooter to play on. Sure Dat's get that all rigged up pretty easy. A cement parking slab for the camper would be nice too huh?