Actually looking for suggestions:

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DATsBBQ

Head Chef
The wife is turning the 1/2 century mark in a few weeks. She wants a party and wants me to do a butt on Einstein.

So then, a guy could do a PP on any day of the week, maybe ought to go the extra mile and come up something a little more deserving of the event.

Should let you know, I don't buy presents... ever. She buys her own presents with my blessing, that way I can't get blamed for a poor choice :D

So to the BBQ gods and elsewise, WHAT SHOULD I DO :?:

Figure 20 to 30 folks, some "meat-adverse". I'll freeze what doesn't get et.

Definately not a butt, but did you ever smoke a domestic duck(s)? Some think smoked ducks are fancy party fare.

Griff

Think back to all your cooks you have done and what her comments were to each one.

Which was she most impressed with?

Which does she still brag to friends about?

Ducks are a great idea....and so are the butts, if that's what makes HER happy. Although a few ducks and some big smoked King Salmon with some sliced brisket all arranged with tons of roasted cherry tomatoes and nice display greens etc...

It's all in PRESENTATION ..... you can make a plate of hotdogs look fancy affair if done correctly.

Play the part...do the role... go find a professional chef outfit all in white and a hat.... get a couple of your friends or family to help out and dress them the same. Throw some fancy handmade (by you) centerpieces on the tables. Whatever you can do to show an extra effort from any other times you entertain...IS A PLUS!!!!!

No one knows her better then you..... follow how you feel in your heart, and stick to your first thoughts, they're always the best.

Thanks for all the all ideas. I didn't mention that she loathes duck (any dark meat birds) and I just recently got her into fish.

Since the food will be laid out buffet style, my thinking is to do a mix of meats. I'll do up a 6lb PP, a 5 -6 lb chuck, a couple of racks of pork ribs and perhaps a pheasant if I can find one. Will fire up the gasser for a couple of grillled veggie things that I haven't figured out yet for non-carnivore friends.

Thought about making some sausage too. Got 6 lbs of pork/beef scraps in the freezer, just need to get some casings.

Back
Top Bottom