Take out BBQ business - Page 2 - BBQ Central

Go Back   BBQ Central > Corporate Administration > Forum Support | Announcements | Site News
Click Here to Login

Old 02-19-2014, 10:51 AM   #11
Graduate of BBQ Central

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry Bubba View Post
I own a building 1 block off of a busy Highway; was thinking of putting the pit on the side of building and doing take out only; with access to interior for other kitchen needs; storage; bathroom ; which would leave about 500 sf for other space.
Thanks
I think your thread would have been received a bit better if you would have said this from the beginning......

None the less go for it if you own the building already

Retired Professional photographer...
26 years specializing in food and food styling.
Bosko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 10:56 AM   #12
Official BBQ Central Mark

If the rules are similar in your area..the pit will need to be enclosed in some type structure with a roof and at least screened in sides. The grates need to be SS.

bigwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 10:59 AM   #13
BBQ Central Pro

Heck yeah! Put a sign on the highway that says " real pit bbq! ^ this way!" A couple picnic tables outside. .. I could see potential in that. Hell, if I was driving by I would stop and check it out.
boozer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 11:09 AM   #14
BBQ Central Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
If the rules are similar in your area..the pit will need to be enclosed in some type structure with a roof and at least screened in sides. The grates need to be SS.
What? Ft Worth really does have health department nazis! SS grates yes, but a porch around the pit..I can't even imagine the purpose of that. Sometimes it's good to be a yankee I guess
Old 02-19-2014, 06:39 PM   #15

Yankees seem to have developed a tendency to attribute quotes to folk who do make the statement in question and then other yankees see it and start double quoting. Did I say anything about a Porch? Now I can see why Jefferson Davis and Robert E. Lee stayed pissed off at yall so much. It can happen to anybody apparently. The health goon guy say to have a roof to keep the birds from pooing on it..and the screen wire it supposed to help keep out the flies. Yall are fixing to drive me crazy. No porch..no porch.
Old 02-19-2014, 07:32 PM   #16
BBQ Central Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
Yankees seem to have developed a tendency to attribute quotes to folk who do make the statement in question and then other yankees see it and start double quoting. Did I say anything about a Porch? Now I can see why Jefferson Davis and Robert E. Lee stayed pissed off at yall so much. It can happen to anybody apparently. The health goon guy say to have a roof to keep the birds from pooing on it..and the screen wire it supposed to help keep out the flies. Yall are fixing to drive me crazy. No porch..no porch.
A roof with screens? That sounds like a damn porch to me!
Old 02-19-2014, 10:36 PM   #17
Saint O'Que

Since it changes with each state, city, municipality, etc. you really should call and talk to your own local health department, building department and any other government licensing agency that might be involved.

For example, 'round here, if a food truck was built to certain specifications and passes the yearly inspections, it does NOT require a brick-and-mortar commissary. This is a fairly new rule for the STATE, but local "authorities having jurisdiction" can change this.
Stump's Smoker "Monster" (01/08/2013)
Weber Smokey Joe (Homer Simpson Edition Mini BGE
Bob In Fla. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 05:32 AM   #18

Not to sound political, if there is a, township, county, state or federal agency who can get some money out of you they will invent a tax or permit to make your life miserable. Can you tell I was in the retail business for 40 years?
KCBS Certified Judge #53267
bbquzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 05:35 AM   #19
Graduate of BBQ Central

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbquzz View Post
Not to sound political, if there is a, township, county, state or federal agency who can get some money out of you they will invent a tax or permit to make your life miserable. Can you tell I was in the retail business for 40 years?
Best words spoken in this thread...........

Retired Professional photographer...
26 years specializing in food and food styling.
Bosko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 02:57 AM   #20

Yes yes..dont call anybody let alone the health goons. Try to stay under the radar so to speak. A person who can keep a closed mouth can survive for decades..then when and if the health goons close in..promise you go buy a permit Monday morning. This sounds a bit Elementary Dear Watson.