'Yummy Chicken' Turkey Meatloaf

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LarryWolfe

Chef Extraordinaire
I'm not a fan of ground turkey at all, but just needed to do something a little different.

Started off with 8oz of chopped up baby portabella mushrooms. I think these are key with ground turkey, they add a lot of moisture.
img_234326_0_837f2d98c9a6f9c81698bf2b94f0cbbd.jpg

Chopped bell pepper, onion and garlic.
img_234326_1_ee0a50841f8053331910bd0e843c0329.jpg

Added Knox's Yummy Chicken, two eggs and some bread crumbs.
img_234326_2_a40aa4ecc98c16c4f5fcf6871477dfc2.jpg

img_234326_3_17992c0e1b03c732e2c150ff4884dee1.jpg

Put in an 8x8 cake pan and cooked indirect until done. No wood, just lump. Also added some sweet potatoes midway through the cook.
img_234326_4_83463abf35a6af6b3cc91ff0720516a2.jpg

img_234326_5_0b95d2e39bbf6f53a63d7b60c166ecd2.jpg

Served with mashed sweet potatoes with butter and Wolfe Rub Original and Carmelized Apples.
img_234326_6_d0b3479b3937b3047290e2038b6c8c37.jpg

You morons don't like turkey meatloaf because you overcook it. It as awesome and the Yummy Chicken was perfect!

bknox said:
That looks great Larry! Glad to see your getting some milage out of the Yummy Chicken.

Got a little left.....gonna order some soon. My attorney is taking what money I don't have to give my wife.

Looks mighty tasty. Thanks for sharing. When adding veggies to meatloaf I normally prefer a saute first plan. Just to keep from hitting raw chunks of various rabbit food. Now have you ever tried it like that? Or maybe you got to cook them inside the loaf just for turkey?

Larry Wolfe said:
bknox said:
That looks great Larry! Glad to see your getting some milage out of the Yummy Chicken.

Got a little left.....gonna order some soon. My attorney is taking what money I don't have to give my wife.
You need a new lawyer. ;)

bigwheel said:
Looks mighty tasty. Thanks for sharing. When adding veggies to meatloaf I normally prefer a saute first plan. Just to keep from hitting raw chunks of various rabbit food. Now have you ever tried it like that? Or maybe you got to cook them inside the loaf just for turkey?

Yes, by the time the bird is done the veggies are tender. The mushrooms, really make a difference especiailly.

Puff said:
Larry Wolfe said:
bknox said:

You need a new lawyer. ;)

Wise words from a 'Famous Baker'.....I should heed your advice. :mrgreen:

Well though the Little Bride has threatened many times over the years I aint went through a divorce but folks say it is mighty rough. Just said a prayer to help heal the situation. Time seems to help on those bad old deals too.

My domestic relations professor in law school started the first lecture of the class with "I have never met a man who had enough money that he could afford a divorce."

Griff said:
My domestic relations professor in law school started the first lecture of the class with "I have never met a man who had enough money that he could afford a divorce."

I've gotta say, this one was worth every penny. I get custody of my daughter, keep my house and lost 150lbs....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom