Yummy Chicken goes to Joshua Tree

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Smokey Lew

Head Chef
I've used Yummy Chicken Dry Rub at home and have been very pleased with the flavor profile. However, I was curious how the chicken would taste under harsher eating conditions . . . a picnic in the very arid Joshua Tree National Park.

The park is only about a two hour drive from our house and since we've never been there before, why not road test a chicken?

Chicken on the grill with a piece of cherry wood for smoke and plenty of Yummy Chicken rub on the bird at 8:30 am.

Chicken nearly done and ready to pack for our adventure.

Chicken resting with some cilantro garnish at home just before packing up for the trip.

Plated chicken with some bigwheel's beans, macaroni salad and sliced red bell pepper wedges. This was at the day use area at Joshua Tree. So far the chicken looks like it's holding up.

Smokey Lew and friend dig in for the Joshua Tree Yummy Chicken test . . . it was pretty darn good!

Typical Joshua Tree scenery.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Very nice test Lew. The chicken looks great as well as the plated picture, all looks "YUMMY." What a beautiful National Park, you are very lucky to be so close ... isn't retirement nice?

Your chicken looks so good I just went to Knox Spice ordered a couple Yummy Chickens. If Smokey Lew endorses it, it has to be good. :D

Dang Lew if your dog ever leaves give me a call I'll be your friend :LOL: .
Chicken and the park looks nice.

Looks good. Thankfully the G'men did not find any excuse to put you in jail for breaking some exotic park rule. I nearly went to Sing Sing over a metal detector at Yosemite one time. Figger abusing dead chickens on Guv'ment property prob be a capital offense of some sort.

Very nice Lew. I'm a fan of Yummy Chicken too. I have been to Joshua tree once probably 10 years ago, I came home with 2 twisted ankles. Very nice park too.

Very nice look'n chicken! Great pic of you and your buddy and very nice looking park!

Great post, Lew!

That chicken looks outstanding Lew. I love Joshua Tree especially when the flowers are in bloom, absolutely beautiful. Man I sound like a chic! :oops:

Yummy looking grub Lew, wouldnt mind a bit of that myself. Just about to pull a couple chickens out of the chamber myself today. Rubbed with some magic dust and threw a few sausages in for some tasty treats. Pics to come. Busy making some BBQ sauces for event on friday so forgot to take before pics...Sorry.

Toby keil said:
That chicken looks outstanding Lew. I love Joshua Tree especially when the flowers are in bloom, absolutely beautiful. Man I sound like a chic! :oops:
Toby; your starting to make me worry??? :?: :?: :?: ;) :?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom