Whole Hog on the Ranch Kettle

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
G

Konrad Haskins cooked another whole hog on the ranch kettle... Link

Whole_Hog_Web.jpg

WoW that looks great. Joker when your ready I know of a place were you can order one and don't forget I'm only 30 min away. I would be willing to drink all of your beer while the guru does it's thing. I'll even bring my own straw. :lmao:

wittdog said:
WoW that looks great. Joker when your ready I know of a place were you can order one and don't forget I'm only 30 min away. I would be willing to drink all of your beer while the guru does it's thing. I'll even bring my own straw. :lmao:

:grin: :grin: :grin:
Cool! :( Check the link ~ There's now a pic with that hog on the RK.

I like the idea of cutting it's head off and cooking it seperate. That way you can still have it for presenation.

The Joker said:
wittdog said:

:grin: :grin: :grin:
Cool! :( Check the link ~ There's now a pic with that hog on the RK.
You're welcome. LOL

Puff said:
That looks great! How long did it take to cook?
Konrad Haskins ~ "Three Weber chimneys of new Kingsford from 10:30am to 7pm. 1 Unlit and 1 lit to start plus 1 lit half way."

The Joker said:
Puff said:
Konrad Haskins ~ "Three Weber chimneys of new Kingsford from 10:30am to 7pm. 1 Unlit and 1 lit to start plus 1 lit half way."
Really :eek: I thought it would have took alot longer :eek:

Puff said:
The Joker said:
Puff said:
Really :eek: I thought it would have took alot longer :eek:
It appears he's cooking his direct vs indirect and it's probably at a higher temp too. Pigs cooks his hogs this way (direct) on a spit though. Maybe he'll chime in on cook times using this method.

The Joker said:
Pigs cooks his hogs this way (direct) on a spit though. Maybe he'll chime in on cook times using this method.
Then again, maybe he won't... :)

Nick Prochilo said:
Hey Bill, does he line the briquets up in rows when he cooks those things?
:taunt: Ask him.

The Joker said:
[quote="The Joker":2ugpcpoo]Pigs cooks his hogs this way (direct) on a spit though. Maybe he'll chime in on cook times using this method.
Then again, maybe he won't... :)

Nick Prochilo said:
Hey Bill, does he line the briquets up in rows when he cooks those things?
:taunt:[/quote:2ugpcpoo]
I'd like to know. The boys are talking about doing one on Bufford. I think I will post a seperate thread for that one.

I did one on a Ranch Kettle once at Georges. It was 40 pound's. It was okay, But took allot of fuel and took over 12 hours.Fuel was added one chimney at a time with preheated wood.

Pigs On The Wing BBQ said:
I did one on a Ranch Kettle once at Georges. It was 40 pound's. It was okay, But took allot of fuel and took over 12 hours.Fuel was added one chimney at a time with preheated wood.
How big of a pig do you think I could get on Buford? and which way should it face from my non traditonal SFB. :razz: Seeing how I am cooking with inderect heat :grin:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom